Crazy people are out there

Man Outside Convenience Store Panhandles While Holding Baseball Bat​

Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Ralph Alexander Boston, 54, was charged with aggressive panhandling near 1507 Bradt St. on May 11.

At 7:20 a.m. last Wednesday, an employee at the Fast Stop at 2285 Wilcox Blvd. told police that Boston, who had been previously trespassed from the Fast Stop, was standing in the parking lot with a baseball bat in his hands, yelling at customers and asking them to give him money.

The employee told police she had asked him to leave the business, but he refused and for several minutes continued asking customers for money.

At this time, she said she called police and Boston left the area on foot in the direction of Roanoke Avenue and Bradt Street.

Police located Boston near 1507 Bradt St., holding a baseball bat. He was taken into custody because he is a continuous trespass violator at Fast Stop.

When searching Boston, police located a small blue pill, suspected of being OxyContin, inside a small change pocket in the front right pocket of Boston's denim shorts.

Police then transported him to the Hamilton County Jail for the charges of criminal trespass, aggressive panhandling and simple possession.

NOte----------------be aware of your surroundings these days,,,make sure you have protection...

6d2kda8oahm71.jpg

Man Outside Convenience Store Panhandles While Holding Baseball Bat​

Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Ralph Alexander Boston, 54, was charged with aggressive panhandling near 1507 Bradt St. on May 11.

At 7:20 a.m. last Wednesday, an employee at the Fast Stop at 2285 Wilcox Blvd. told police that Boston, who had been previously trespassed from the Fast Stop, was standing in the parking lot with a baseball bat in his hands, yelling at customers and asking them to give him money.

The employee told police she had asked him to leave the business, but he refused and for several minutes continued asking customers for money.

At this time, she said she called police and Boston left the area on foot in the direction of Roanoke Avenue and Bradt Street.

Police located Boston near 1507 Bradt St., holding a baseball bat. He was taken into custody because he is a continuous trespass violator at Fast Stop.

When searching Boston, police located a small blue pill, suspected of being OxyContin, inside a small change pocket in the front right pocket of Boston's denim shorts.

Police then transported him to the Hamilton County Jail for the charges of criminal trespass, aggressive panhandling and simple possession.

NOte----------------be aware of your surroundings these days,,,make sure you have protection...
I have seen this 20 some years ago in Wilmington DE.
Panhandling with a aluminum bat in his hand.

there was a guy few weeks back, he asked me for change, I reached in my center console & handed him, ?? I dunno, 2-3 dollars in loose?
but he had no bat, I do remember that. Then the convenience store clerk told him he was trespassed from that store & that he should go away.
It's rough out there to be sure. Just getting real rough. There but for the grace of God go I.

Sometimes I feel as though I underestimate the number of people who are on some sort of drug. Weird, and often extreme angry behavior comes out of nowhere. I started riding mass transit in February, and it's surreal. Lots of folks having loud, angry arguments with thin air, or the person who happens to be sitting nearby. I don't know if it's epidemic-level mental illness, or meth.

I stopped at a red light one day and I saw a panhandler working the traffic , and approaching my truck . I waved him off as he got close . He started cursing and slapped my side window . BIG mistake . As I pulled away I dialed 911 and told them what was going on . I ran a quick errand and passed by the same intersection about 20 minutes later . The Police had him bent over the trunk of their unit and were cuffing him . (y)

I stopped at a red light one day and I saw a panhandler working the traffic , and approaching my truck . I waved him off as he got close . He started cursing and slapped my side window . BIG mistake . As I pulled away I dialed 911 and told them what was going on . I ran a quick errand and passed by the same intersection about 20 minutes later . The Police had him bent over the trunk of their unit and were cuffing him . (y)
Would've been hilarious if you'd rolled down your window after he did that and thrown a hot beverage in his face. Make that pos think twice next time he confronts someone.

Sometimes I feel as though I underestimate the number of people who are on some sort of drug. Weird, and often extreme angry behavior comes out of nowhere. I started riding mass transit in February, and it's surreal. Lots of folks having loud, angry arguments with thin air, or the person who happens to be sitting nearby. I don't know if it's epidemic-level mental illness, or meth.
When these people are having an argument with themself, who wins?

Crazy people have always been out there and always will. If dumb people would stop enabling/handing out money to drug addicts at intersections, freeway off-ramps..

Lots of mentally ill people out there. As a society we need to step up mental health care.

I was just thinking it's about the time the travelers asking for money for car repairs so they can continue their trip showed up at the entrance to our Walmart. Every year, same thing, broken down in town and needing assisting to continue their journey.

Back