Couple of fixes and a few cans of beer

Wednesday evening, I met some friends for dinner. Pulled out of the restaurant and a minute down the street, "CHARGING SYS FAILURE" message comes on the Tahoe's dash. Voltmeter at 11 volts. No problem. I'm a few minutes from work -- pull in there to have a lit parking lot, bathroom and warm area to wait.

Had my wife stop at Autozone, grab a Duralast Gold alternator and bring some tools. 15mm, 10mm, 8mm, flat screwdriver and headlamp and had the new alternator on in a few minutes. No biggie.

Today, get into the truck and start going to work, no blower. Thankfully my heated seats are hot and the Tahoe has rear HVAC. Finish my work day, come home and tear it apart. Blower motor spun hard and harness going to the blower motor resistor looked like it had gotten a touch hot. Easy. Went to Autozone, picked up a blower motor and blower motor resistor. Came back, swapped them out, spliced in the new harness and changed out the cabin air filter.

Went to test it, no blower motor. Checked the 40amp Micro fuse in the under-hood fuse box and sure enough, it was blown. Replaced it and all is right in the world of front HVAC. Success. My thoughts, blower motor was on its way out, has been drawing too much current for a while, has been melting the harness and finally pulled enough to pop the fuse.

Minor inconveniences, but on the 'ole GMT800, very easy repairs and parts are available. Autozone might not be the highest caliber of parts, however, they work good enough and with their availability and the convenience of their hours, makes a potential future warranty easy if needed. Kinda like my philosophy on the Everstart Walmart batteries -- when you need a battery you are usually within a half-hour of a Walmart that'll probably be open late if not 24 hours.

Now relaxing after having some pizza and throwing back a few cans (OK maybe more) of Honey Brown.

At the end of the day 10x better than a car payment.

Happy Friday folks and enjoy your weekend.

Well Done !
Hope you enjoyed the Honey Brown. They're brewed right here in my home town of Rochester.

This has become one of my favorite.

But, I am more of a Porter/Scotch Ale guy.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Oh yeah the Honey Brown was great. I had it years back in bottles when it was still under the Dundee name. Glad to see Genny is still producing it.

My Dad got some of that Cran Orange and I got to try it. It sounds good. Beyond that I am a big Cream Ale guy. I loved when they had the speciality Orange Honey Cream Ale.

My wife and I have been to the brew house a couple times. Good food in the restaurant there. Nice place. In my neck of the woods (about 20 min South of Buffalo) Genny is a hometown favorite. Kegs of Cream Ale flowed from the bar taps years ago.

Well Done !
Hope you enjoyed the Honey Brown. They're brewed right here in my home town of Rochester.

This has become one of my favorite.

But, I am more of a Porter/Scotch Ale guy.

We started drinking beer as teenagers and Genny Cream was what we were knowledgeable of and accustom to drinking because it was so available. I liked it and still do but it always left me with a nasty headache. Then in the early 1970s, Genesee came out with Fyfe & Drum Beer…which (according to old documents) was the first light beer in the U.S. market. However somehow, Miller seemed to snag the honors for that~1975 and Genny gets no credit.

Genny has lots of seasonal beers and even the U.S. brewing rights to Labatt brewing companies beers such as:
Blue
Blue Light
50/50 Ale
but not Labatt specialty beers

Last edited:
Back