Counterfeit Motorcraft FL-500S from Amazon (possibly)

^^^^^Yes, and I've seen posted many FoMoCo labeled "factory" filters c&p over the years since joining bitog. They were made by Champ Labs like the one you posted. Some M1 OF used the same design thread end bypass. However as posted by Zee, the most recent ones I've seen c&p'd have been made by M&H owned Wix. So unless they change suppliers again, the Champ Labs made FoMoCo FF is a thing of the past. In that respect, same as the newer M1 OF.

Main point though, Motorcraft oil filters for FoMoCo vehicles aren't an "aftermarket" part.

Interesting. The only Motorcraft filters I use these days are cartridge filters for my Powerstroke so I hadn't seen this. The "flutes" on the cap (as opposed to flats) have been a Motorcraft trademark since forever. I'm actually kind of surprised they let it go- it's become a recognizable sign that "this is a Motorcraft filter."

Interesting. The only Motorcraft filters I use these days are cartridge filters for my Powerstroke so I hadn't seen this. The "flutes" on the cap (as opposed to flats) have been a Motorcraft trademark since forever. I'm actually kind of surprised they let it go- it's become a recognizable sign that "this is a Motorcraft filter."
Cartridge filters on a PowerStroke? I know I'm behind the times, but heavens no! ;)

Back