Corvette passengers survive 126mph head on crash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not as much about the safety features but the physics of a particular collision. If they hit a pole head-on at 26 mph, let alone 126 mph, the Corvette passengers would be dead. It is the g-force of the collision, which determines the danger to the occupants. In this case, the Corvette didn't see much g-force.
Based on the damage to both vehicles I'd say there was plenty of G-force involved.

Even if the RAV4 was going 60 mph in the same direction, it would be like the Vette hitting it at 66 MPH if it was parked. I haven't heard how fast the RAV4 was going, but I doubt it was going over 60 MPH.

Last edited:
Based on the damage to both vehicles I'd say there was plenty of G-force involved.

Even if the RAV4 was going 60 mph in the same direction, it would be like the Vette hitting it at 66 MPH if it was parked. I haven't heard how fast the RAV4 was going, but I doubt it was going over 60 MPH.
I believe the RAV4 was stopped. Maybe Ruggs swerved a little and did not hit directly in the back.

You can't measure the g-force inside the car based on the external damage on the car. Corvette's front end accordioned, which dramatically reduced the g-force inside it, as it absorbed most of the impact of the collision. If it hit a pole or tree, the g-force would be much, much higher, and the occupants wouldn't be able to walk away unharmed.

"But when only a small percentage of the front of the car hits the stationary object or another car — an off-set crash — the impact can miss the frame rails and reduce the effectiveness of the crumple zone more than just pure speed might. There’s only a fraction of the crumple zone left to absorb the impact, and deceleration time decreases in milliseconds, which can be the arbiter of life and death."

I believe the RAV4 was stopped. Maybe Ruggs swerved a little and did not hit directly in the back.
Based on that photo, it doesn't look like a direct hit by the Vette, especially if that RAV4 was sitting still.

Last edited:
I'd like to see an arial view of the crash reconstruction. The two cars don't really look that far apart, which is a bit hard to believe if one car hit a parked car at 126 MPH, unless the RAV4 was knocked a long ways down the road.

110321_6b.jpg

I read he might have been going as fast as 156 on Rainbow Blvd near Spring Valley Parkway!! That's a residential road.

Based on that photo, it doesn't look like a direct hit by the Vette, especially if that RAV4 was sitting still.
It still crumpled the floor through the rear suspension for 4 feet bending the whole chassis too... Who knows, the RAV4 could have been tossed in the air 10' high as well, which is alot of energy

I wonder what rule changes or whatever may come from this as it’s a pretty public tragic event. NFL may need to save face even if it was a poor decision by a player.
From a prior poster, that TMZ video was horrible

Maybe it was a direct hit and the Vette pushed the RAV4 down the road 2 football fields. That's why both cars stopped not very far apart.

I read that the Corvette on board computer showed a top speed of 156mph before the driver slammed on the brakes before impact. This was also on a Las Vegas street. He was under the influence of something to boot.

His football career is done and rightfully so.

If he's got talent and someone is willing to take a chance, he will still be playing in the NFL. But I'd be surprised if he doesn't serve some time on a felony conviction.

And technically this was Spring Valley, Nevada.

The Arab country of Bahrain is as far as I know the only Arab nation that allow alcohol consumption by the general public. They have a penalty for when someone drives a vehicle under the influence of alcohol: EVERYONE IN THE VEHICLE IS PUT INFRONT OF A FIRING SQUAD. EVERYONE, ALL THE PASSANGERS, AND THE DRIVER. There are very very few DUI incidents in that country.

As BMWTurbo stated , every NFL team provides their players and staff with a free car service. This service is provided year round , 24 hours a day, no questions asked.
Ruggs is going to prison and will lose most if not all of his NFL earnings.

I don't believe teams necessarily do that. The thing I heard about was called the "Player Transportation Link" and was arranged by the NFL Players Association. Not sure how much it costs now, but it was $90 back in 2013 from an article that I read. And there were options if the player wanted something different than the standard black car service - typically a Lincoln Town Car. But it's possible to request a different type of ride like a large SUV. I heard somewhere that Escalades are pretty popular, especially with bigger players.

And the weird thing is that this is made available to former players too. It's provided by some company called Corporate Security Solutions, and it's supposed to be confidential so I guess they don't rat out that players have been partying at all hours. But besides this - Vegas has got to be the worst possible place that one could have young NFL players who just got big fat contracts.

The Arab country of Bahrain is as far as I know the only Arab nation that allow alcohol consumption by the general public. They have a penalty for when someone drives a vehicle under the influence of alcohol: EVERYONE IN THE VEHICLE IS PUT INFRONT OF A FIRING SQUAD. EVERYONE, ALL THE PASSANGERS, AND THE DRIVER. There are very very few DUI incidents in that country.

A lot of Arab countries allow alcohol consumption. In the UAE I think it's pretty weird. They tolerate it with visitors in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, but theoretically it requires a personal use license to purchase outside of a bar or restaurant.

Here's a map. I hear that it's pretty easy to get alcoholic beverages in Egypt or Morocco.

514748BD-5DFD-456D-AA6C-FDC11C6C6D8F.jpg

I friend of mine is from Indonesia. Even though it's majority Muslim nation, the government is not an Islamic state and alcohol is easy enough to get even though there are social taboos and Muslims theoretically aren't supposed to drink it. But I asked him about it, and although he's Muslim he said a lot of people drink alcohol. But the joke was "We don't talk about it." With a lot of social taboos they pretty much know that it's not just non-Muslims drinking alcohol. I don't believe it's specifically illegal though for Muslims to drink alcohol, such as in some Islamic states that allow alcohol sales to non-Muslims.

She and her dog were burned alive. :cry:

This details the crash:

I tend to be an eye-for-an-eye type of person. The young woman he murdered was alive, conscious, and according to witnesses, screaming as she burned to death with her dog. She was 23.

I'd be just fine of he were sentenced to the same fate.

But I know that won't happen, and he'll likely be back playing football in a few years...

Last edited:
"Soon after the crash, Ruggs retained high-profile Las Vegas attorneys David Chesnoff and Richard Schonfeld, who released the following statement: “On behalf of our client Henry Ruggs III we are conducting our own investigation as of this writing and ask everyone to reserve judgment until all the facts are gathered.”

Their investigation will also show he caused the wreck and death of the young woman. But they will still "represent" him anyway because of how much money they will be paid regardless.

A firing squad would be way too good for that piece of sh*t.

I tend to be an eye-for-an-eye type of person. The young woman he murdered was alive, conscious, and according to witnesses, screaming as she burned to death with her dog. She was 23.

I'd be just fine of he were sentenced to the same fate.
+1

Agree 200%. No trial, no waste of the court's time. Turn that roach loose to a crowd of angry rednecks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back