corvette c4

more then anything those cars have a soul,a character and a feel,somthing thats missing in today's automobils with all the air pollution regulations and efficiency,they are alive and that's how they make u feel,alive.on paper there are better cars but for a lot of folks in israel nothing but nothing beats a good old American car.
its all about the feel.
You mean like this?
68 side.jpg

I have been fortunate to own 3 of them in my time. 1989, 1991, and a 1996. All of them had the ZF 6 speed and were fantastic drivers. The 1989 model managed 32MPG on a road trip from Houston to Nashville. I still regret selling the 1996 (it was an LT4), but the inability to shut off the passenger side airbag and no back seat meant it had to do when the first son made his arrival.

OP - I ran Mobil 1 5W-30 in all of them. The 1991 had over 200K miles on it and other than normal maintenance and an optical spark replacement, it never had an issue. They are really cheap these days, maybe I need to find another 1996 LT4...

The 1991 had over 200K miles on it and other than normal maintenance and an optical spark replacement, it never had an issue.
Didn't your 1991 Corvette have the L98? I don't understand how it could have an optispark since the LT1 appeared in 1992.

Didn't your 1991 Corvette have the L98? I don't understand how it could have an optispark since the LT1 appeared in 1992.
As best that I remember it had optispark that had to be replaced, unless of course, the technician meant to say something else.

Back