Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus 45,000 mile review

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tires that came on my truck when I got it in Dec 2014 were the 275/55/20 Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus. They were relatively new when I got the truck, so I decided I was going to push them as far as they would go to see what kind of mileage they were good for, as well as any degradation of the rubber over time. I am happy to say, these were a very good all season tire. This is my original review that I wrote after 30k miles on the Pepboys site:

"These were installed already on my used, 1 owner 2008 F150. I bought my truck in December of 2014 with 61,xxx miles. I now have 90,xxx miles. After about 30k, these tires have not failed to impress. I've had them in light snow, mild to severe rain, as well as offroad (hard packed dirt). The grip on all surfaces are outstanding and even in the dirt, they grip well. There is a little bit of rubber chunking offroad, which is expected since this is a H/T tire. However, nothing bad. Tread wear is nice and even with a proper alignment and balancing, even when I neglect to rotate them regularly. All 4 tires have been patched for nails in the tread, but continue to hold air and perform as expected. I would definitely recommend for anyone needing a good, all season tire. Who knows how many miles these tires have, all I can say is that in the 30k that I've had them, I have never had any issues."

After the 45k, the tires has finally worn down to the wear markers on the inside of the tread. I decided to replace them with the Maxxis Bravo HT-770 only because the Coopers were no longer available at a decent price. They increased about 20 dollars per tire. Overall, the Cooper's are a great all season tire and will perform well in any terrain, even light dirt and snow. Keep in mind, this review is MY personal experience with these tires in the warm, Texas climate. Your mileage and experiences may vary.

Would be very interested on how much (or how little) noise you hear with the Maxxis. Let us know!

The Maxxis are very quiet actually. They feel smoother and seem to have not effected my mileage. I think it's because they are still H/T tires. I decided to stay away from A/T's since I rarely offroad.

I have a GMC Sierra and I had some highway tires installed as well. I don't go off road much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back