Coolant additives warn to not mix with others

I found a new coolant additive at a discount store, nano pro mt nano cool! The label says unlike surficant additives this one uses proprietary nanos to enhance coolant. Sounds like a great idea, but I already have surficant additives added and they advisd against mixing them. I asked the support by email what could go wrong and they just said they haven't tested it and don't reccomend it. Should I really worry about it? What could really possibly go wrong? I want that sweet nano tech in my coolant, but not if it's going to make my car explode without a flush.

I want that sweet nano tech in my coolant, but not if it's going to make my car explode without a flush.

Use -0W+0 Quantum Blue with the Slick Purple Moly Cold Fusion Additive Pack and you will no longer need any coolant in your engine which will solve your problem. One change and it will run for years with no oil or coolant anywhere in it.

In general coolants these days are not something that needs improved upon with additives (just like modern motor oil).
Typically 5 years/100k miles is standard.
Just go with it and worry about something else.

Last edited:
I have read that different corrosion inhibitors can cancel each other out and have your system full of rust in short order.

I do suppose if the water itself is wetter from a surficant the nanos will be in near direct contact with heat radiating surfaces and absorb quite a bit that sounds really good.

I do suppose if the water itself is wetter from a surficant the nanos will be in near direct contact with heat radiating surfaces and absorb quite a bit that sounds really good.
That definitely qualifies as one of the bigger loads of nonsense I’ve read on here.

In general coolants these days are not something that needs improved upon with additives (just like modern motor oil).
Typically 5 years/100k miles is standard.
Just go with it and worry about something else.

In cold climates, people want heat as fast as possible and some models take a long time to get to operating temperatures.

It's a frequent complaint and many end up warming up their cars in the driveway for 15-30mins which isn't great.

My solution was to add some Amsoil dominator coolant boost. They advertise that when mixed with 50/50 coolant, the engine will reach operating temperature in about half the time.

https://www.amsoil.com/p/dominator-coolant-boost-rdcb/

There were some worries about compatibility but apparently it was reformulated in 2016 and I haven't been able to find any threads with issues since then so this will be the first winter trying it out.

So far, it's lived up to the claims. Heat comes on pretty fast at -1C / 30F

Example: Adding Redline WaterWetter to genuine BMW coolant (close or identical to G-48) causes fudgy brown deposits.

Yeah, I've read some threads where they mentioned the coolant had to be changed if waterwetter was being used to avoid this issue. Its the main reason I've never tried it.

Redline has a new 50/50 coolant with waterwetter built in, I remember reading some BMW owners were going to give it a try.

Against the advice of Nano Pro and this forum I added nano cool to my 33% g05 coolant with rp purple ice hyper lube super coolant and bar's tablets.

The pour for this stuff is 10/10 I really should have taken a photo. Looks like glitter glue.

On a drive my car took longer to warm up than usual. Otherwise temps seemed normal.

For now I am happy I used it

Back