Conventional Oil Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, What is a good conventional oil to use in a vehicle that have high miles? The car is a 2004 Infiniti G35X AWD that have a little over 200,000 miles... Thanks
55.gif

I'm using Phillips 66 Shield and Shell Formula oils in my older vehicles with good results. I get both on sale for around 1.99/qt. Home Depot runs the Formula Shell on sale with some frequency.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Valvoline Max life would be my first choice for a conventional with high mileage.

+1, N=3 now

Guess i can go with maxlife high mileage or quaker state conventional, Quaker state conventional is only $15 at walmart, I like the Shell Formula oil at Home Depot too at $3.14 a quart
55.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave1251
Supertech, House Brands, Pennzoil, Quaker State, Formula Shell, Castrol GTX, Valvoline, Mobil, Phillips 66, Kendall.

^^^This

Does the car consumer any oil at all? I have an 05 with 145k on it that doesn't use oil. The last 4-5 oil changes have been with Valvoline White Bottle 5w30 and have been real happy with that. Doesn't use any oil. Another option I've done in the past with other cars is just topping off with Maxlife.

The car is good on oil and no consumption, It's a regular daily driven car, I guess using conventional oil i would change it every 5000 miles?

Originally Posted by dave1251
Supertech, House Brands, Pennzoil, Quaker State, Formula Shell, Castrol GTX, Valvoline, Mobil, Phillips 66, Kendall.

The bolded ones would be my first choice but nothing wrong with the other ones. The unbolded oils I would go with if they were marked down quite a bit.

Originally Posted by charmer37
The car is good on oil and no consumption, It's a regular daily driven car, I guess using conventional oil i would change it every 5000 miles?

Yes, 5k or every 6 mos. whichever comes first. Maybe a little longer with Maxlife, up to 7500 miles/9mos.

Originally Posted by charmer37
What is a reasonable priced oil filter?

OE filter would be my first choice in a Nissan application. You can get them online cheaper from what I understand.

Last edited:
I ran conventional Formula Shell and an oversized Titan filter in my 04 G35 with the VQ before I sold it. It was a summer play car that only saw 3-4k a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back