Conventional Oil Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of the name brands are good. I tend to lean more towards SOPUS products for conventional oils over the others, though.

Originally Posted by charmer37
Hello, What is a good conventional oil to use in a vehicle that have high miles?

Anything that has current specs that you can buy cheap.

Man if you were closer I'd give ya one of my Mobil Super 5w30 I got for $2.35 a 5 qt container... It runs very quiet in my Nissan Altima VQ 3.5.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Man if you were closer I'd give ya one of my Mobil Super 5w30 I got for $2.35 a 5 qt container... It runs very quiet in my Nissan Altima VQ 3.5.

Agreed. Same here

Follow up. Let us know what you choose and how it works, please? OCD kicking in..Good luck.

Chevron Supreme . $12.42 for 5 quarts at Walmart. You can order it if they don't have it in your store. Great oil at a great price.
My go to oil when I want a dino.

Where are all the synthetic guys telling the OP he can get synthetic cheaper with rebates
27.gif

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
Where are all the synthetic guys telling the OP he can get synthetic cheaper with rebates
27.gif

Abiding by the OP's request. He didn't ask for advice on Synthetic. This thread has been a nice departure from the current norm.

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
27.gif

Abiding by the OP's request. He didn't ask for advice on Synthetic. This thread has been a nice departure from the current norm.

Agreed, my apologies!

My cat woke me up in the middle of the night and I couldn't go back to sleep so I thought a little light reading would make me tired but when I got to the end of the thread I had to go back and reread it as I couldn't believe it made it two pages and stayed on topic.

Originally Posted by Onetor
Chevron oil!

Chevron Supreme. Prolly the best conventional out there.

PYB, if you can figure out which yellow bottle ... But it's really a syn-blend w/o the wording ...

Originally Posted by BrocLuno
Originally Posted by Onetor
Chevron oil!

Chevron Supreme. Prolly the best conventional out there.

PYB, if you can figure out which yellow bottle ... But it's really a syn-blend w/o the wording ...

Chevron Supreme is a blend also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back