Continental Pure Contact Ecoplus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with these tires? I'm thinking of putting a set on my Civic. With the America's Tire rebates this weekend, they'll be about 60 bucks each. They're ranked 3 of 34 on Tire Rack and have lots of decent reviews.
Appreciate any input - thanks.

First, note that there are two versions of the Continental Contact, the EcoPlus and the regular.

The EcoPlus is a Low Rolling Resistance, and has lower treadwear ratings than the regular.

I have the EcoPlus...

Tire has a tendency to fold during turns, resulting in shoulder wear, mostly on the outside edge. This can be solved by adding 4-5 PSI, but at the cost of a harsher ride. Also, if not properly inflated, tire wears quickly (true with any tire)...

I am going to get 30-35K out of mine, but many have gotten 20K or less...

Last edited:
That is super cheap. For s if it is priced close to that figure. Great handling and traction, and superior tread life.

We had the regular Contipro Contact on our last vehicle and were underwhelmed by the snow and wet traction. They were at 5/32 @ about 30K and we replaced them with the Michelins above. Immediate, substantial improvement in noise, handling, and braking.

Last edited:
I'm going to guess that since you asked about the Continental
PURE CONTACT ECOPLUS that's the tire you are interested in.

With Continental making so many different tires it is easy to get the different models confused.

I have the PURE CONTACTS and they are a tire that I can recommend. It is also a tire I would choose over the Michelin Premier A/S regardless of price. At the present time I'm using both of these tires and I like the PURE CONTACTS better.

The PURE CONTACTS handle better and are quieter.
The Michelin Premier A/S are better for highway and interstate driving, they just seem to hold straight path with very little steering correction. It is like they know where they are going.
It's hard to describe but nice to feel.

I have these on the Civic (3 seasons) and like them a lot. They're quietish, grip well enough and are very comfortable.

I buy one size up to save money - the stock size is expensive for some reason. Even after compressing the suspension at weird entrance angles the tires never rub. The only down side is the speedo reading 3% lower than actual.

Originally Posted By: Bill_G
Anyone have any experience with these tires? I'm thinking of putting a set on my Civic. With the America's Tire rebates this weekend, they'll be about 60 bucks each. They're ranked 3 of 34 on Tire Rack and have lots of decent reviews.
Appreciate any input - thanks.

I have the Continental PureContact with EcoPlus tires on my Corolla for about 4K miles now, and so far they've been great. Quiet, great dry and wet traction. Got a $100 off deal from DTD.

The True Contacts are also highly rated, but I'm pleased with my choice.

Thanks to everyone for all the great input - this is exactly what I was looking for - some real world experience. I've read some of the reviews on Tire Rack but to get opinions first hand from fellow Bitogers is much more valuable. I think I might give these a try -I think the price is good at less than 300 installed (after rebates).

Thanks again everyone!!

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
First, note that there are two versions of the Continental Contact, the EcoPlus and the regular.

The EcoPlus is a Low Rolling Resistance, and has lower treadwear ratings than the regular.

I have the EcoPlus...

Tire has a tendency to fold during turns, resulting in shoulder wear, mostly on the outside edge. This can be solved by adding 4-5 PSI, but at the cost of a harsher ride. Also, if not properly inflated, tire wears quickly (true with any tire)...

I think you might be thinking of a different tire because the PureContact only comes in LLR(Low rolling resistence, aka: EcoPlus) form. They are a 70k tire and I don't think 30-35k would be acceptable(for me) and I highly doubt anybody gets less than 20k out of them unless they have an alignment wickedly off and they hoon everywhere.

Originally Posted By: ccap41
Originally Posted By: mattwithcats

I have the EcoPlus...

I think you might be thinking of a different tire because the PureContact only comes in LLR(Low rolling resistence, aka: EcoPlus) form. They are a 70k tire and I don't think 30-35k would be acceptable(for me) and I highly doubt anybody gets less than 20k out of them unless they have an alignment wickedly off and they hoon everywhere.

Thanks for your post - I was a bit concerned about matt's assessment - I doublechecked and indeed there is only one version of the Pure Contact. Maybe Matt is thinking Pro Contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back