Consumer report most reliable vehicles for 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I ever hear about on the Saab 93 forum is:

1)Rattles (don't have any)
2)Automatic gearbox problems due to coolant contamination (known problem on the 2003 models, I have a 2006 and it's a 5-speed manual)
3)How bad the stereo sucks (sounds fine to me).

CR rates the 4Runner V8 as reliable. They rate the 4Runner V6 as not reliable. The difference? The V6 had one voluntary recall to make an adjustment in the fuel injection, that has nothing to do with reliablity. It was for less than 11,000 vehicles in one year. The two models, the V8 and V6 are very much the same, except for the obvious, plus the transmission and some accessories. That's a pretty hard hit for an adjustment, that was done at the next service, not and immediate task. It appears that the new 4Runner is not popular with the magazines, but the owners like it just fine. You can't always follow what the magazines experts say about vehicles.

Please guys do not lump all Asian car owners with poser ricers!!! Some of us actualy know how to build and engine,suspension, reflash an ECM etc....The problem is that 99.9% of these punk kids are too stupid or ignorant to perform real mods! They have no idea how much money they waste on paint and bolt on parts. I used to be a tuner and I hate poser ricers with big wings,loud exhausts and flopy body kits!!!!What really insults me is that they pride themselfs in their ignorance and lack of mechanical skill! They could easily read some books and practice on old cars to learn how to make cars fast! Nopi events usualy have a better percentage of actual car guys that actualy make their cars go fast!I can rember a time when Mustangs could not get out of the way of their own shadow!!!

Quote:

I think a good way to confirm these ratings is to go onto the internet sites that users/owners of these vehicles belong too and see what they are saying.

If that's the case, the Saturn S-Series must be the most unreliable piece of junk on the planet. Go onto SaturnFans, and you can read about:

failing alternators
weird cooling systems
bad engine sensors
oil consumption
leaks
misfires
fuel pumps
intake gaskets

...and the list goes on. And why was it rated one of the most reliable cars back in the mid-90, causing my father to buy it?
mad.gif

Someone on this site once explained that the so called twins produced by GM/Toyota did differ in the auxilliary equipment, i.e., alternators and such. Also at one time(waaay back when) the toyota had fi and the chevy had carbs. They may be made at the same plant but doesn't mean they are truly identical, and alternators and such can effect reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back