Considering a Fumoto valve for the Civic

I just put one on my 2013 suburban. Love it! No leaks. Easy changes (albeit slower)
However I chose the EZ drain unit. It has a screw in aluminum cap for piece of mind!!
I like the cap in the event I'm in the sticks and by chance, and Murphys law, a stick or object knocks the valve open, the gaskets thumb screw cap with gasket is a second line of defense..
it also has various attachments that screw in like L bracket, hose attachment, etc. Which are easily installed.
View attachment 71166
Curious minds would like to know. What do you torque that cap to?

Yeah I wonder how long it would take to drain a cold oil pan in January full of 20w-50 with a fumoto drain valve?
You’d have to warm the engine for sure … but I had the opposite problem with 0W20 splashing all over …
I also pull/swap a quart at 40% OLM for dilution … no ramps needed 😷

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
I would chase the threads and replace the standard plug. If you're getting a Fumoto anyway, there's no need to chase the threads as they are (usually) a one-and-done installation.

Curious minds would like to know. What do you torque that cap to?

Hand tight (it's knurled cap, so not tools needed")
Since the cap is secondary to the valve, hand tight works great.

I'll bet anything there's a self-tapping screw it in repair my oil pan drain plug bung. The moral equivalent of HeliCoil, maybe even exactly the same deal.

I'm with those who would never put in a device that hung below the pan. That way lies a ruined engine -- and of course, madness.

Back