Conoco Super All Season Syn Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed this Conoco Syn Blend listed for sale at the local distributor. It's very cheap, much cheaper than Kendall, and I think the cheapest SN/GF-5 30 grade I have found to date. Any reason not to use it? Any better or worse than Mobil Super 5w30 (syn blend) which is at least 50% more expensive? I would have to use the 10w30 as it is the only grade available. I like that it comes in a box of 12 qts, not 5L jugs.

Last edited:
I would think that CSB is very similar to Kendall (if not exactly the same) as are most CP products. At any rate, I'd bet it's and excellent oil as are most CP products.

I would imagine it's a dead ringer for Trop Artic, which is a very good bargain oil. I can buy Trop Artic here at a farm store for $1.99 a quart on sale. Kendall is CP's top brand and as such it has been shown to have a stouter additive pack and you won't find it at those kind of prices either.

The PQIA tested Trop Artic is you want to look, I'd be shocked if the Conoco stuff is one bit different. Trop Artic is sold the same way, quarts only, no jugs.

There's very little difference, if any, between the Conoco, TropArtic and 76 Super brands of synthetic blends. They are marketed on a regional basis. But I do believe that Kendall's version has a more expensive additive package. I've used all four Conoco oils with confidence for the past 10 years because my local distributor carries 76 and Kendall. Here in NC the AAP stores no longer carry Kendall. Last purchase of 76 Super was $2.39 a quart for a case of 12.

I was thinking about using it in a couple of old Nissans and I think it will do the job nicely. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back