conoco guardol 15w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all ,new guy here. Enjoy the site . Kinda a oil nerd myself, been lurking for quite a while . My question is does anyone know if guardol 15w-40 is safe for atv's with wet clutches . Just aquired a case of it in a sale and was wondering if I can use it in my Honda and Yamaha here in southern OK mostly summer riding. Thanks..

Based upon what I saw from a quick Google, it is not energy conserving (which means it does not have the additives that can cause clutch slippage), but at the same time it is not JASO certified or meet JASO requirements (meaning that is for use with wet clutches)--"Guardol QLT® Multigrades meet or exceed all the requirements of API CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF and SL.".

Rotella is a favorite for wet clutch use; I use Rotella T-6 in my Brute Force that is not a wet clutch but is a oil shredder and it holds up very well.

Since I've had these 4 wheelers I have been using Shell Rimula 15w-40 or Rotella 5w-40 t6.I dont think the rimula is MA certified either but it is not energy conserving either , havent had any problems with it at all in about 1000 miles of use . Kinda figured the Guardol was simular to Rimula .Just wondering if anyone had used it in a wet clutch machine . Never seen this oil before but since it was a hdeo I figured it would be OK. Gonna try it next oil change and see what happens. Thinking it will be fine but just wanted some other opinions. Thanks everyone.

Done oil changes on scooters and all is well so far . Think its going to be fine on the clutch , havent noticed any consuption either after about 200 miles of pretty hard and hot riding ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back