Confessions of a Too Frequent Changer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed the oil and filter on a 2000 Cadillac Deville. OLM showed well over 80% remaining. Last change was in December 08. Mileage unknown, but probably around 3k. Previous fill was PP 10-30 with a K&N oil filter, new fill was almost 8 quarts of PP 5-30 with a PureONE oil filter.
The oil that came out of the pan looked like it was being poured out of the jug.
There, I've confessed. Now, I stand ready to take the scorn and derision from the BITOG Collective.

Last edited:
So your Pennzoil Platinum is now Pennzoil Gold. In another 6 months, it will be Pennzoil Silver. Just change it before you get to Pennzoil Lead and you'll be fine!

02.gif
02.gif
02.gif
02.gif
02.gif
02.gif
02.gif

We are the Borg Collective.

Prepare to be assimilated wasteful human.

02.gif
02.gif
02.gif
02.gif
02.gif
02.gif
02.gif

In my defense, it's my elderly parent's (who live 500 miles away)car, they didn't remember (nor did I until it was up on jacks and I saw the K&N filter) I had changed it last December, I forgot it has an OLM until after the deed was done, and they didn't think it had been changed for 2 years. Uh, oh serious run-on sentence.
Once it was up on the jacks I figured I should go through with it, as I don't know when I'll see the car again. I did almost cry when I saw that clean oil coming out, and I truely didn't want to remove that work of art oil filter.

As pennance, I'll extend the interval on my wife's Toyota to 150% of the recommended interval (using PP), and I'll not change the company trucks oil until the OLM has expired.

Too much sand in the environment. Once anything hits the drain pan, it's done for me.
I did have a bright moment when pouring the last bit of used oil into the recycling jug when I saw some grunge. Then, I remembered I had left some old oil from another job on the bottom of the pan.

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
Last change was in December 08.

That is 8 months ago. No need to feel (too) guilty.

I'd tend to agree. With more that 6 months of short rip usage on it, no need to feel guitly changing it. Yeah, it 'could' have gone longer, but 8 months is a long time to remeber exactly when it was changed.

Not many short trips. It's a third car and isn't used except for long drives. The OLM was either 82 or 87% remaining (I forgot which).
Almost left the filter on, but one of our family rules is to change them every time. It was easier to change it out than to try and explain why I left the "old" one on.

I once changed out a factory fill of M1 at 24 miles. It was a new car I was keeping for appreciation and it had hit the one year point.

I change Redline 10w-40 out in my turbo camaro(track car) every 500 miles or six months
grin2.gif
Change the SSO(camry se) between 8k and 10 max. I know, I know. And redline in my truck every 7k. I have a problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back