Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax & Blackfire Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlackFire Crystal Seal

Collinite

I've always been a fan of Mother's/Zaino products and really never used anything else. Maybe Meguiar's at one time.

The Critic recently showed me these two products and both look to be pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with either of the above? Thanks!

Collinite is well-regarded around here. I have a bottle of it myself. It's about as durable as most other waxes, but I love it for the simplicity of application -- it is extremely easy to buff off.

I don't have experience with the Blackfire specifically, but I have used a similar type of product and I think it's better than a traditional liquid or paste product.

I have a bottle of Collinite 845, and I've never actually liked it. Don't see anything special about it.

Skip the collinite liquid insulator wax and go with the paste wax 476s. The paste wax is much more durable and gives a slightly deeper shine. If prepped properly, I have found 2 light coats of the collinite 476s really will last all year!

Collinite 845 comes up on this forum almost on a daily basis. I use it myself and while it's not the ultimate in shine or durability you can get from expensive "boutique" products it seems to offer the best combination of both that you can get in one product. To put it in simpler terms, it's better than anything on the shelf at Pep Boys. Highly recommended.

As a side note, isn't 845 technically a paint sealant?

Last edited:
Excellent advice from The Critic. I have both products..... #845 is known for its durability but the surface must be properly prepared. You can't just smear it over whatever is on there now and expect it to last.
I have quite a few wipe on walk away sealants and Blackfire Crystal Seal is the top dog. The two products together are an awesome long lasting combination and the look will be exceptional to boot. So little is needed that the 4oz bottle of BF will last for ages. On occasion AutoGeek puts these items on BOGO if you want to stock up.

As satinsilver mentioned above I learned of the product from Glen, our mutual friend. He & I exchange information about various products often. I honestly did not expect the Crystal Seal to be any better or worse than any of the others of its type that I have but it is exceptional. I got an eight ounce bottle on BOGO not realizing how little was required for results. Now, with two eight ounce bottles I have enough for the next one hundred years.....get the four ounce bottle if you choose to try it.

For those of us using DA polishers the Collinite 476 product is a little easier to use--solid wax applies more efficiently on a buffer pad.

Back on 7/28, I applied Blackfire Crystal Seal to a FX35 after a wash. At the time, the paint was fairly contaminated and I did not clay the vehicle prior to applying Blackfire Crystal Seal.

During the wash tonight, the water was still beading. So, it was still providing protection after 10 weeks of sitting outside 24/7.

I really like the durability of IW845. As long as you apply super-thin, it's easy to remove. If only they could get it to smell like bananas, coconut, or something pleasant. The smell is horrible!

I'd love to try new products, but I have too large of stash on my shelf, and some products don't last forever.

For those of us in the dark ages that still use traditional wipe on/buff off products, the Blackfire Crystal Seal interests me for those tough, intricate areas like wheels and door jambs.

Just wipe it on and you are done. Comments?

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
For those of us in the dark ages that still use traditional wipe on/buff off products, the Blackfire Crystal Seal interests me for those tough, intricate areas like wheels and door jambs.

Yup, but you do need to watch for "high spots" that appear in the form of smears. I don't think it has the durability of traditional wipe on/off products though. The Crystal Seal definitely has a place on my shelf, but I have another go-to product if I am desiring long-lasting protection.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: doitmyself

Yup, but you do need to watch for "high spots" that appear in the form of smears. I don't think it has the durability of traditional wipe on/off products though. The Crystal Seal definitely has a place on my shelf, but I have another go-to product if I am desiring long-lasting protection.

Im not familiar with these products but like the sound of wipe on and walk away..im also curious what would be your other go to product for long lasting protection?

Originally Posted By: Rolla07

Im not familiar with these products but like the sound of wipe on and walk away..im also curious what would be your other go to product for long lasting protection?

Menzerna Power Lock. I find that it is: 1) easier to apply, 2) provides a slicker surface during routine washes, 3) longer lasting, 4) has a better appearance.

Menzerna Power Lock. I find that it is: 1) easier to apply, 2) provides a slicker surface during routine washes, 3) longer lasting, 4) has a better appearance.

What about DP Max Wax? I think I remember you talking about that in the past. Don't hear much about that product. Maybe got lost in the crowd.

Just tried this combination on the two back doors of my Nissan. Prepped with Cleaner Glaze, Dodo Juice Lime Lite, then the BF Crystal sealant and big difference in slickness. Added the Collinite 845 as a topper 2 hrs hrs. later and especially like the high gloss and feel.
The rest of the car was Dodo Juice exclusively, Lime Lite, Iron X sealant and Diamond White paste wax. The BF looks to have made a difference in gloss.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver

What about DP Max Wax? I think I remember you talking about that in the past. Don't hear much about that product. Maybe got lost in the crowd.

I found that Menzerna Power Lock gives nearly the same appearance with longer durability. Plus I gave one of my tubs to 97tbird and I cannot find the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back