Collinite 845 alternative?

With the 845, I can put it on the entire car and then go back and buff it off. With the 476 it was more of a pain if I put on the whole car at once. I just like the 845 better
I also think the 845 is easier to work, but the 476 lasts longer. I don't really care about that because my vehicle gets waxed once a year, and either of these last that long. BTW, my vehicle is always garaged, so that helps with longevity too...

I wish I had a garage that would definitely help out. I tend to do twice a year with the 845. Still beading pretty good when I wash, strip, and reapply

I started using Griot's Garage 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax last year on my daily driver that gets parked outside in rainy Washington state. The wax on the lower half of the doors that catch water spray off the tires started weakening at around 6-7 months, while the wax on the rest of the paint was still going strong up to 10 months. I only washed the vehicle a few times throughout the full 10 month period by spraying it off with the wand at a self service car wash, so I might have gotten a full year if I did more maintenance in between.

Last edited:
Back