Collinite 845 alternative?

I’ve used Collinite 845 for 10ish years now (partly because the bottle lasts so long). I really like how easy it is to apply and remove, isn’t a pain if you get some on plastic trim, etc. The problem is it doesn’t last super long after you apply it. I need something that lasts longer if possible. I rarely have time to detail my vehicles so when I do I need it to be worthwhile. Needs to be easy to apply and remove, and not the end of the world if some gets on plastic trim. I know waxes and sealants have come a long way in the last decade. Product will be applied and removed by hand, in my case. What are my options?

Any of the Turtle Wax sprays last for months and you can do the whole car in 20 minutes.

712l0JyKo-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

There are quite a few durable spray waxes these days. I use Optimum Carnauba. Good, not great, shine. Fairly priced. Lasts pretty long in my cool climate with my washing (rinseless, lots of microfiber towels ) habits.

Not as durable as Collinite or as shiny. About 7X easier to apply.

Here in southern mid-Michigan I find that I need to decontaminate the paint once a year with a clay bar to get the embedded stuff off. I'm still satisfied using old school Zaino sealant twice a year. My car sits outside 24/7 and I rarely wash it. I have never required correction polish. I want protection more than showroom shine.

Is using these faster spray products more often better or easier over the course of a year? Do they prevent environmental fallout paint contamination? Maybe they are more appropriate for those that wash and wax monthly? Just asking.

Thanks

You will be hard pressed to find a spray on wipe off product that will last longer then 845....I recently have tested Wolfgang's SIO2 paint sealant and it gives good durability so far....The ultimate durability will be a coating, which in my tests are fairly easy to apply but also cost the most....

Col. 845 not last long? How long are you expecting? I generally got at least a year or longer. I switched to McKees 37 Hydro, either Hydro Blue or the Graphene, and get about a year on both. Easier to apply.

SONAX Si-Carbon SIC Ceramic Spray Coating 750ml. It won’t feel slick but it lasts and beads water well.
Turtle wax will feel a lot slicker, and is a bit easier to apply without making mistakes.
Nothing feels quite like a fresh coat of 845.

Out of pure luck, I was gifted so much collinite products that I simply cannot move onto other products.

So far, only because of easy of use and cost, turtle was seal n shine is by far superior and takes no effort to apply. My second choice is turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray as it has more shine but 30 days less durabilty.

Another product that is ever so awsome is "boost" spray from glassparency. Now this is to date, the easiest product to apply and take off. It lasts only 60 days but is still awsome.

I’ve used Collinite 845 for 10ish years now (partly because the bottle lasts so long). I really like how easy it is to apply and remove, isn’t a pain if you get some on plastic trim, etc. The problem is it doesn’t last super long after you apply it. I need something that lasts longer if possible. I rarely have time to detail my vehicles so when I do I need it to be worthwhile. Needs to be easy to apply and remove, and not the end of the world if some gets on plastic trim. I know waxes and sealants have come a long way in the last decade. Product will be applied and removed by hand, in my case. What are my options?
You won't get significantly more durability out of any of the spray sealants. They will probably match Collinite or maybe slightly exceed depending on how the car is treated. That said, if you want to try a good spray sealant, I would try Griots 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax (spray).

The only thing that will go much farther is a ceramic coating. I would look at Gyeon Cancoat Evo. It can be used on anything and is easy to apply compared to most.

The good part about spray sealants is ease of application. Ive used Collinite 845 before and its great but can be a bear to remove if you let it set too long. Last time I used it, I tried a suggestion of a lightly misted finish pad with some 845 smeared on it, applied at low speed via DA. You can get it pretty thin at that point, which makes it easier to remove. Just for shiggles I did 2 coats that way.

You could look into something like HydrO2 from CarPro. Applies when the vehicle is wet, responds to pressure (hose, or better yet pressure washer) to actually adhere to the paint. Decently long lasting and can't get much easier to apply...only real drawback is cost.

I have let 845 sit for 30-60mins, I thought it was easy to remove.

459 is a dump truck to remove.
I barely use it anymore.
Usually just the hood and maybe the roof. Sometimes.

There's Collinite 476s, its more lasting than the 845. Don't put it on heavy or in the sun, it can be hard to remove if you do.

You won't get significantly more durability out of any of the spray sealants. They will probably match Collinite or maybe slightly exceed depending on how the car is treated. That said, if you want to try a good spray sealant, I would try Griots 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax (spray).

The only thing that will go much farther is a ceramic coating. I would look at Gyeon Cancoat Evo. It can be used on anything and is easy to apply compared to most.
This^. Most spray sealants are similar. Most last a few months at most.

Back