Applying Zymol Cleaner Wax Over Collinite 845

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will applying Zymol Cleaner Wax over Collinite 845 strip off the Collinite?

Considering applying Zymol periodically to help clean the surface and boost the Collinite's protection.

However, I do not want to do this if the Collinite is removed in the process.

Collinite 845 is applied every 6 months.

I've often seen people posting about putting one product on top another and I could never figure out the benefit of doing this. The 845 is one of the longest lasting products out there, and one of the best looking. What would be the benefit of putting Zymol on top of it? If you want to give your paint a good cleaning, why not use a clay bar before applying the 845? The cleaning should be done anyway before applying any wax or sealant...

I clay and hand polish before 845 application.

Just want to lightly clean and condition the surface between waxings.

Figured Zymol is mild and possibly better than spray wax?

If you go this route, test it on a spot first before doing the entire car.

I would stick with one or the other. The chances of incompatibility are always present.

I don't know that they Zymol will necessarily do much over the Collinite, if you put the Collinite on right.

The key is the PREP that you do to the car before you put the Collinite on. Get that done right, then take your time with the Collinite. I doubt you'll even feel the need to put the Zymol on afterwards once you see the results of the prep/Collinite.

I'd do the Zymol first - but "cleaner waxes" are a compromise - you do need to prep the paint with an minimum of a clay bar followed by any surface correction if desired.

Originally Posted By: nthach
I'd do the Zymol first - but "cleaner waxes" are a compromise - you do need to prep the paint with an minimum of a clay bar followed by any surface correction if desired.

That's why I said to skip the Zymol altogether and just clay before applying the 845...then there would be no need to use a cleaner wax...

Commercially available Zymol (walmart, autopart stores,etc) has scored low in every wax test I have seen. Its a pretty blue but I would not bother with it.

Cleaner waxes have chemical cleaners to remove stains from the paint, it will remove the colonite and leave its sub par short lived wax behind.

If you want a boost, Meguiars ultimate spray wax is awesome for this and will not remove the 845.

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
Commercially available Zymol (walmart, autopart stores,etc) has scored low in every wax test I have seen. Its a pretty blue but I would not bother with it.

Cleaner waxes have chemical cleaners to remove stains from the paint, it will remove the colonite and leave its sub par short lived wax behind.

If you want a boost, Meguiars ultimate spray wax is awesome for this and will not remove the 845.

VCEM026!VALLE-31287_d.jpg

Also have used Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer - it does a very nice job like the Meguiar's product for that topical purpose.

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda

Zymol doesn't even make this product. Turtle Wax makes it for them. At least Walmart labels it correctly for those that care. Many online detailing sites leave that information out.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Turtle-Wax-Zymol-Cleaner-Wax/4012

Notice on Autogeek they make no mention of Turtle Wax:

https://www.autogeek.net/zymol-car-care.html

Probably not the only product TW makes for them. The spray detailer looks like another TW product since the bottle and color are similiar to the cleaner wax. Cheaper price point and even the sprayer top is different from their other higher end products.

Zymol sells an 8.5 ounce bottle of car wash for $30 plus shipping on autogeek.
crazy.gif

https://www.autogeek.net/zymol-clear-auto-bathe.html

Last edited:
A lot of products come out of just a few plants. People buying a brand have no idea.

Just like saying that Rayovac is better than Energizer when they are one and the same.

The auto detailing sector is full of these products. Look at Blackfire, Oinnacle and the rest of the Palm Beach Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back