College Football Ranking system

TCU and USC both lost their conference championship games yesterday. USC got dominated by 20+ points by Utah. TCU lost in OT to Kansas State.

My prediction after yesterday....

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. Ohio State

They're not going to let a 2 loss USC or Bama in the playoffs.

#1 Georgia vs #4 Ohio State will be a slugfest that a lot of people want to see.

TCU is in only by luck of USC losing. If USC had won yesterday, they'd be in instead.

I can't wait for the conference champion system to start. It's going to be a 12 team playoff with the top 6 highest ranked conference champions and 6 at-large teams. The top 4 will get a bye into the 2nd round while the remaining 8 slug it out for a spot on the bracket. If that was implemented this year, it would likely be...

#1 Georgia (bye)
#2 Michigan (bye)
#3 Clemson (bye)
#4 Utah (bye)

#5 Kansas State vs #12 Penn State
#6 Tulane vs #11 Tennessee
#7 Ohio State vs #10 Alabama
#8 TCU vs #9 USC

Ohio State will get demolished and then ran over by Alabama. Georgia will be tough I think as will Michigan. Utah is a team I always thought could be very dangerous as well

Ohio State will get demolished and then ran over by Alabama. Georgia will be tough I think as will Michigan. Utah is a team I always thought could be very dangerous as well
OSU at GA will be a blowout...MI proved OSU isn't very good...

I predict...

#1 UGA - 45
#4 OSU - 20

#2 MICH - 38
#3 TCU - 10

TCU has been barely skating by this season. Yeah, they went the longest undefeated but had several very close calls against unranked teams.

Game 3 vs SMU (7-5), managed to hold on in the 4th quarter. W, 42-34.
Game 5 vs Kansas (6-6), back and forth never leading by more than 7 points. W, 38-31.
Game 6 vs OK State (7-5), trailed most of the game and barely squeezed out the win in 2OT. W, 43-40.
Games 7-10 were all decided by 10 points or less.
Game 11 vs Baylor (6-5), barely won with a rushed last second field goal with no time outs left. W, 29-28.
Big 12 Championship game, lost in OT to the only top 20 team they played all year. L, 28-31.

I think Michigan is going to beat the brakes off of them.

I see the UGA and OSU game going similar to the MICH and OSU game.

It's pretty simple and should be this unless the rankings are rigged...
1 Georgia
2 Michigan
3 TCU
4 Ohio State

It doesn't make sense for any other teams to be considered IMO.

Just my $0.02
Likely , where there is massive Tv monies involved.... College sports has become professional sports too which is not really a good thing.

Anyone else started to notice yet how each year the poor officiating is affecting outcomes of games? Not just that but we getting online / on Tv / on all media , gambling advertised 24x7 that the pro games are taking on a more strange , influenced look? Its obvious in more games that if the refs would not toss so many flags that several games would end up more entertaining and have a really competetive feel. All that is part of the reason some games can drag onnnnn so long. You now have to endure so many more mind numbing commercials. It is taking much entertainment value out of the games. Wild n crazy at how many commercials seem to look like the pilot episodes of some bad Tv sitcom or a soap opera. Then we laugh n realize as we ask..."what in the heck was that? OOF! Did any one catch what that commercial was about? LOL / It really is not funny anymore. The phone commecials are at least are obvious and sometimes enjoyable but I bet not to everyone!

The best commercial is worse than the worst part of whatever show or game I'm watching. I've noticed that as well, that I catch myself often wondering what a commercial is even about. It'll be a 30-40 second long storyline, completely unrelated to the product or service, and you're left wondering how to get that 30 seconds of your life back at the end.

There is one commercial that sticks in my head. It's Denny Hamlin signing to a deaf kid and the deaf kid then races a go kart. I couldn't for the life of me tell you what that commercial is for.

The best commercial is worse than the worst part of whatever show or game I'm watching. I've noticed that as well, that I catch myself often wondering what a commercial is even about. It'll be a 30-40 second long storyline, completely unrelated to the product or service, and you're left wondering how to get that 30 seconds of your life back at the end.

There is one commercial that sticks in my head. It's Denny Hamlin signing to a deaf kid and the deaf kid then races a go kart. I couldn't for the life of me tell you what that commercial is for.
Ever notice how over acted & poorly (hilarious some of the "ACTORS") done so I guess we know why they are only in commercials. Must be cheap to hire too. There is another thing the wife noticed and she is correct once I started looking. There must be 50% or more of Tv commercials that are all sweet and cozy with the mushy story line of .... once again someone is opening a new business! Wow. They lead you to believe just about every other peson you encounter is going to be a business owner! Yeah. It is a nice dream but I always miss what they are selling.

As a Georgia fan, that game certainly didn't go how I'd hoped, but as far as a good game to watch, yep, kept you on the edge of your seat for the entire game. Can't ask for more than that.

As a former player and starter in a Power 5 conference let me just say that that the team which ends the season is nothing like the team which arrives to play in these bowl games.

Back