What a night for college basketball... Top 10 action.

First, 3 Baylor takes out 6 West Virginia (at home) in overtime. Baylor wins Big12 championship for first time in 70+ years. Happy for them, but I'm a Bobby Huggins fan.

Second, 4 Illinois pummels 2 Michigan (at home), without Ayo Dosunmu (broken nose), who has 2 triple-doubles this season. Illinois led game by almost 30 points (multiple times) in second half.

Third... Duke loses in overtime. Awww, shucks.... hate it when that happens. Not.

Is it possible that there could there be 4 Big Ten teams in the top 8 seeds (2 - 1 seeds and 2 - 2 seeds), for March Madness? Illinois and Michigan, then Ohio State and Iowa.

Of course, since I'm a Bobby Huggins fan, I was thrilled when Illinois hired Brad Underwood. Underwood and South Carolina's Frank Martin were assistants under Huggins at K-State.

And winding down the night watching 23 Purdue and 25 Wisconsin slug it out in West Lafayette. Tight game.

The basketball Gods are smiling.

OSKEE-WOW-WOW!!! There are times its great to be an Illini. Trouble is, football season is not generally one of them!

A lot of good games so far. Watching 1 seed Baylor and 9 seed Wi now. Enjoyed watching ORU take out the Buckeyes and Wi take out UNC , as well as Loyola Chicago taking out the Illini! Gonzaga looks to be a gimme, at least until the final four. Looking forward to the Syracuse - WVU game, not a Huggybear fan! Buddy Beiheim (dang spell check)is playing as well as any one in the tournament right now.

Back