Cold weather coming ( finally)

A balmy 11F here.

IMG_9310.jpg

I can attest that I am glad I got a 0w30 in there right now. Kinda wish I had used more 0w30 Redline, but it was all I had. Filled up with generic 87 E0 with a splash of pea in the tank as that's what Hy-Vee fuel ⛽ got. Have found in extreme cold that having a ethanol content under 5-6 percent makes starting easier and it gets warmer quicker.

If I was a kid I’d say looks like fun. Glad we only got 3” here 🙊
It's just not melting. It all started cold and dry 11 days ago. One day our high didn't get over 10°F. It snowed 4-5 days ago I think. So after 10 days, yesterday was the first day over 32°F!! Made it to 34°F air, but the ground is so cold.

This is not exactly typical, but shoot it's the weather. Wife says we are out of eggs. I could hit one of the neighbor's up, but heck - let's bust OUT of here!

It's just not melting. It all started cold and dry 11 days ago. One day our high didn't get over 10°F. It snowed 4-5 days ago I think. So after 10 days, yesterday was the first day over 32°F!! Made it to 34°F air, but the ground is so cold.

This is not exactly typical, but shoot it's the weather. Wife says we are out of eggs. I could hit one of the neighbor's up, but heck - let's bust OUT of here!

I’m close enough to two grocery stores and gas station and essentials so I usually walk most of the time.

I’m close enough to two grocery stores and gas station and essentials so I usually walk most of the time.
Sweet. That's our plan when I bust through 75 years old!!

Not worried about food. My sauerkraut is nearing the end of ferment. OK another week or so. But I have a freezer full of beef and meats and another full of garden veggies and other non-meats. Two full fridges. Plus the two pantries. And the garage shelves.

I'm hungry. I have 2 hours and 40 minutes and 27 seconds until I can eat, but who's counting? :D :LOL: :ROFLMAO: o_O

It’s back to 32 F today. At 27 F, the heat pump set point was reached and it started running again. It’s going into defrost cycles to rid itself of some ice buildup that occurred a couple of weeks ago. When the temp dropped back then, the unit started to ice up in the high humidity and 27 F was reached before it was able to de-ice completely. I took this picture after it started up, but before it got completely de-iced. You can see the ice build up on some of the fins. It’s a 3.5 ton American Standard. Down low you can see some snow residue where I shoveled snow away. The coldest it got here was -33 F for part of one day. It was a new cold record for that day of the year. The high today is forecast to be 43 F.

BD8910C5-E8B3-4E5D-8CD8-C91404FDABC3.jpeg
A2FAEED3-C89C-43B2-94F1-1026E29E7A9F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back