Coffee - Your Current Brew

You found them! (y)
Went back to both Otter Co-op and two Sav-On store and bought them out - all the sale pods. I'm talking $5US per box, so yeah.

I had a Rossa lungo, with just a tiny bit of cacao powder and some heavy cream powder. Delightful. Exquisite.

My pound of Purple Mountain Kona medium arrived when we were in eh, Canada, eh.........so will grind some beans soon!

Decided on going with Starbucks Italian Blend as our next bag to open. Will do so on Monday, when I am back in the office. I usually only brew during the week or when we have company. Weekends or odd ball cups are usually k-cups.

Master chef from walmart 30.5 ounces for $9.52 i prefer it over folgers or maxwell house.
1710099940382.jpg

2 light-roast Colombians I picked up.

The Finca Tamana is from a roaster in Oslo, Norway who is very well-known as one of the best in the 3rd Wave coffee community - Tim Wendelboe.

The company who made my Ode electric grinder, Fellow, has a program in which they offer a different specialty coffee each week, from many different roasters. They send you a text with a description of the coffee, and you can choose whether to buy some. So when I saw that they were offering one of Wendelboe’s coffees, I decided to try some, as I’ve heard him mentioned by James Hoffman, who had good things to say about him.

Typically, the Nordic style of coffee is roasted very lightly, and though this is definitely a light roast, after brewing 2 pourovers and one espresso shot, I don’t find that it’s exceptionally light compared with other light roasts I’ve had.

It’s very, very good. Light, sweet, and sophisticated, it’s what you’d expect of a high quality, washed coffee. Today, I noticed notes of bergamot. It’s a single-origin:

The Junto, on the other hand, is also a Colombian light roast, but it’s honey-processed. That is a type of natural, as opposed to washed, processing method.

Instead of trying to explain, here’s a link:

It’s very sweet, fruity, and juicy. A very, very interesting coffee. This one, I picked up from a Nashville coffee shop called Dose Coffee & Tea. They don’t roast themselves, but they feature different roasters from month to month.

I’m very glad I stopped in and bought this one. It’s one of my favorite coffees I’ve ever had for pourover, despite the fact that it’s a blend and not a single-origin.

IMG_3918.jpeg

img_3919-jpeg.209279

IMG_3920.jpeg

IMG_3919.jpeg

Last edited:
You haven't had real coffee till you try NAVY coffee. :love:

View attachment 209388
He did 20 years was a CTMC.
Chief petty officer he served on a guided missile cruiser early in his stint on the USS Josephus Daniels CG-27. Afterwards served on land in Diego Garcia, Rota Spain, Norfolk Virginia, Pensacola florida, Kunia hawaii, Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado. Worked underground and on Air force installations.

IMG_7382.jpeg
IMG_7381.jpeg

This coffee has been a real challenge for me. I loved it in HI with a simple drip system, and it was decent in the Keurig - but other method - especially pourover were not working. I started messing with grind, going coarser and coarser. FINALLY, VERY coarse brewed like tea and made a really good cup! Is this because the beans are so very lightly roasted? Variety of bean??

Last edited:
Back