Coffee - Your Current Brew

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Get well soon, Turk.
HTSS_TR, I can send you a pack free of charge.

Kozanoglu, thank you but I have to decline your very nice offer.

The problem is if I like it then I will regret even more for not be able to buy it. I Google and found that nobody has it except Aldi.

Aldi seems to be a very good grocery chain, I wish we have Aldi here to compete with Ralphs, Albertsons, Von-Pavilion.

Anyone here tried this one? Just picked up a can from my local grocery store...

P1010554_sm.jpg

I doubt it's product of Italy. The giveaway; Cafe'.

Let me know how it is QP.

Still have to try Alessi you keep mentioning. Maybe this summer when in Florida.

Just finished Saquella Bar Italia at work on Friday; it was just ok. Tomorrow trying a new one I found; l'Art Caffe' Torrefazione Espresso Professional Blend

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GSCJR

You're most likely correct since DeLallo is a US-based company. Maybe they import coffee beans from Italy and then process and package them in the US. I will see what else they say on the back label once I get home.

Let me know how it is QP.

Still have to try Alessi you keep mentioning. Maybe this summer when in Florida.

Just finished Saquella Bar Italia at work on Friday; it was just ok. Tomorrow trying a new one I found; l'Art Caffe' Torrefazione Espresso Professional Blend

Tried it today; not impressed with the roast.

Not as aromatic as I had hoped and a little bitter at the end.

The crema was weak also. If the sugar doesn't hold on to it, it's a fail in my books.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

You're most likely correct since DeLallo is a US-based company. Maybe they import coffee beans from Italy and then process and package them in the US. I will see what else they say on the back label once I get home.

Back label just says "Product of Italy" and then gives DeLallo's US address.

Interesting. I'm going to guess that they spelled it in Spanish for the US market instead of in Italian unlike Alessi did.

Have you tried it yet? Curious.

I hope it's really good.

Do you drink your Alessi out of a demitasse?

Interesting. I'm going to guess that they spelled it in Spanish for the US market instead of in Italian unlike Alessi did.

Have you tried it yet? Curious.

Not yet. Still working through a can of Dallmayr Monaco that I need to finish first.

I am spending more time at the office these days, so instead of drinking my beloved espresso at home, I drink instant coffee at the office. Oh the horror!

Jacobs-Coffee-Jacobs-Kronung-Instant-7.05-Ounce-Pack-of-2-7.jpg

Quote:

Do you drink your Alessi out of a demitasse?

I am not that sophisticated. I mix 1 part espresso with 2 part hot milk in a regular coffee mug typically.

LMAO; Instant coffee, Ahhh!

Heh... it's really not that bad. I prefer it over regular office drip coffee.

Ever tried instant espresso?

We have an espresso machine at the office; I'm spoiled.

I was laughing at your comment; not at the fact that you drink instant coffee.

If prepared correctly instant coffee can be quite good.

I recently purchased a K* machine for home use; Makes good hot coffee too.

Hotter than my espresso machine.

Instant can be ok. I just happened on a portable K-cup brewer. Insert the cup and then add hot water. Usually I just add instant to hot water, so it's an extra step but might be worth $15 for a brewer to take camping.

For home brewing, I find the bulk beans that you can grind in-store to expresso fine really good. It's a bit more than Foldger's but you can get a much fresher flavor and pick from a wide variety of beans.

Originally Posted By: datech
For home brewing, I find the bulk beans that you can grind in-store to expresso fine really good. It's a bit more than Foldger's but you can get a much fresher flavor and pick from a wide variety of beans.

Agree. Bulk bean(Italian or Espresso roast) grind to espresso fine isn't bad idea.

Just tried that Delallo... it's rather on the lighter side, and weak crema. I'll have to increase the dosage next time and see if that helps.

At home it's either Peet's Anniversary Blend or Major Dickasons's. On my way to work it's Cumberland Farms Dark Roast and in the office it is Seattle's Best Level 4.

Picked up a can of this stuff at the airport in Rome a while back. Finally had a chance to try it. It's on the lighter side, but it has certain level of finesse to it. Good crema. Decent coffee, but a bit expensive here in the US...

DSC_9043.jpg

Back