Coffee - Your Current Brew

I have had to make some budgetary decisions so the $12-15 bags of coffee have been replaced by jars of Nescafé for less than $7. I was using a bag a week and now it’s a jar every two weeks.

We purchase 6 bags at a time, 12 LBS, shipped direct free from Florida. Costco used to carry it but stopped, we like it too much to stop. :)
IMG_1477.JPG

While we're swiss water decaf folks. We occasionally get fully leaded coffee. 😂

This Great Value for $6.92 is a bargain for organic coffee.

IMG_20230208_094145.jpg

IMG_20230208_094155.jpg

Coffee for those that think they want or need it...not to really enjoy it.
Over the years I've encountered many people who enjoy these coffee brands and types.

Many years ago my mom came for a visit and I thought I'd give her a treat and ground some Peet's beans for her. She hated it and she wanted her Sanka.

Many of the residents in my apartment building prefer Folgers to anything else, and that's not a guess. I've bought and made the coffee for many functions here, and after trying to "upgrade" a notch with Costco Colombian it was made perfectly clear to me that this is a Folgers community.

I could go on with many more examples ...

I'm glad there's something for everyone's taste, preference, or budget.

Berkeley Bowl Colombian Coffee
Berkeley Bowl is a very local market, with two stores in Berkeley. They have a great assortment of private lable products. They make their own sausage (many, many styles), and offer canned items, sauces, nut butter, and so on. Many items are very good, so with past experience being a guide, when I saw this coffee on sale as I entered the store this AM, I thought I'd give it a try.

1676316891357.jpeg

Last edited:
Found some good coffees! I made the medium dark roast. Very tasty.

Not too expensive, super fresh and rich.

These are the oiliest water decaf beans I have ever seen. These will blend well with my Brazilian.
658FFF5B-0E4B-4827-9751-B13EC415B608.jpeg

Found some good coffees! I made the medium dark roast. Very tasty.

These are the oiliest water decaf beans I have ever seen. These will blend well with my Brazilian.
And they are? Pics?

Back