Coffee "Black" is With Sugar or Without Sugar?

Interesting.

Here if you don't used at least 4 words than end in "o", 3 that end in "e", a couple that end in "a" and one or two that end in "i", there will be no precision.

So here regular Americano- means an espresso with just water, ie black

Regular is regular, black coffee brewed. Not sure how regular could mean cream and sugar added in quantities at the vagary of the barista.

In most places if you order a regular black coffee it come from a drip brewer that may have been sitting for a while. If you order a Americano or Long Black or specify a pour over coffee then it will be made right there on the spot.

Interesting.

Here if you don't used at least 4 words than end in "o", 3 that end in "e", a couple that end in "a" and one or two that end in "i", there will be no precision.

So here regular Americano- means an espresso with just water, ie black

Regular is regular, black coffee brewed. Not sure how regular could mean cream and sugar added in quantities at the vagary of the barista.

It gets pretty strange sometimes depending on a particular shop's lingo. I was fairly new to one place and I wanted one cup of drip coffee, but just said I wanted "one for here" while pointing at the coffeemaker. I ended up getting what they called a "cafe au lait" although it was more like what some would call a cafe latte, served in a bowl. "One to go" was their lingo for one of these in a paper cup.

Back