Clueless driver almost hit me, then yelled at me.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
I hate these intersections. Not because I can't handle it, but because others can't seem to. They just assume it's a 4 way. If the stop sign doesn't have a 4-way sign under it, it's a 2 way.

Well yeah. That it happened doesn't bother me as much as the other driver acting as if I somehow screwed up by not stopping or yielding to her. I've been in her position before (although never as close - she stopped less than two feet from my driver's side door) and could usually defuse it with a "my fault" or just hand signals indicating that I acknowledged my error. I may have also been a little bit shocked after my life flashed before me.

We have everything around here, including T-intersections without stop signs in any direction. Couple that with hills and it gets pretty hairy. There was one intersection near my parents' place where there's thick hedges and at one time there was no stop sign. That could get pretty nasty. Eventually the city installed stop signs in the more or less flat direction. I guess they city figured that maintaining momentum going uphill would be a good thing.

A majority of drivers are too busy paying attention to irrelevant things (phones, crap in their center consoles, contents of their purses) rather than using what little brain they have to comprehend what's going on around them. I lost count years ago of how may times I've nearly been t-boned at this intersection, with a 2-way stop. People stop, assume that I, too have a stop sign, and gun it as I enter the intersection. Then have the nerve to give me a dirty look as I pass a foot in front of their vehicles. I never cruise through here (entrance to a Target parking lot) when my foot isn't positioned 1cm above the brake pedal.

2way.jpg

Psychopaths never make mistakes.

Maybe one day they could include an IQ test and other evaluations prior to Drivers Licence

It could hurt car sales etc. so we would have to wait a while for this current cloud to pass

Last edited:
Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by Zaedock
Dummies are all over. It sucks.

In Boston, we simply give the finger and continue on our way. If we stopped every time a moron nearly hits us, we'd never get anywhere.

Same in NYC....although I wouldn't do it in some neighborhoods....it might be fatal....

Not to worry. The OP made sure it was a woman in the other car before he initiated a confrontation.

There's a saying, "ya can't fix stupid!" And, that is where we're at with 99% of drivers today, they're too stupid to know what they're doing, let alone even remotely being able to operate a motorized vehicle.

I've so enjoyed the past few months with the lack of drivers out on the roads (I'm an essential, I have to be out there). Last Friday it seems we're back to normal with the number of idiots on the road, doing what idiots do best.
smirk2.gif
I was driving down the street when one of these mental midgets on a scooter literally cuts me off! There was no reason for him to get into my lane, no one was in front of him for at least a quarter mile. After slowing me down, he decided he needed the other lane again and got back over. This is just one of at least a dozen incidences in that single day out!

On a good day, I can laugh off most of it . . . Last Friday wasn't one of those days!
mad.gif

There was another similar thread a week or so ago that I haven't re-found yet that was complaining about Prius and BMW drivers. Unfortunately, none of the stereotypes hold true anymore. There is no age, race, vehicle type, etc., that you can "shoehorn" any segment of bad driver into anymore. You're literally taking your life into your own hands when you go out there.

Never assume that anyone else knows how to drive. Don't assume that they're going to stop at a stop sign or red light. Don't assume that they're going to yeild the right of way. Don't assume anything. Wait until you're certain that they're doing as you expect before proceeding accordingly.

Originally Posted by A_Spruce
There's a saying, "ya can't fix stupid!" And, that is where we're at with 99% of drivers today, they're too stupid to know what they're doing, let alone even remotely being able to operate a motorized vehicle.

I've so enjoyed the past few months with the lack of drivers out on the roads (I'm an essential, I have to be out there). Last Friday it seems we're back to normal with the number of idiots on the road, doing what idiots do best.
smirk2.gif
I was driving down the street when one of these mental midgets on a scooter literally cuts me off! There was no reason for him to get into my lane, no one was in front of him for at least a quarter mile. After slowing me down, he decided he needed the other lane again and got back over. This is just one of at least a dozen incidences in that single day out!

On a good day, I can laugh off most of it . . . Last Friday wasn't one of those days!
mad.gif

There was another similar thread a week or so ago that I haven't re-found yet that was complaining about Prius and BMW drivers. Unfortunately, none of the stereotypes hold true anymore. There is no age, race, vehicle type, etc., that you can "shoehorn" any segment of bad driver into anymore. You're literally taking your life into your own hands when you go out there.

Never assume that anyone else knows how to drive. Don't assume that they're going to stop at a stop sign or red light. Don't assume that they're going to yeild the right of way. Don't assume anything. Wait until you're certain that they're doing as you expect before proceeding accordingly.

Well you can fix stupid, but not legally. Legal way is much harder so it's easy to give up. Oh yeah, I didn't even bother with that thread. Would have been fun but after a while you give up because you know it's going to be locked and deleted. That might even affect some with mental health issues as they must wonder if they were losing their mind when things just disappear without any warning. Allowing dialog can also be educational but the mods don't see it that way.

I never assume they're going to do anything, but I'm just going to grit my teeth and pretend they do and lean on the horn if they don't. If you slow down for everyone who looks like they're going to run the light, you'll never get anywhere. I just get really close, lean on the horn and avoid the collision at the last minute.

Back