Cj-4 sae30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking locally for a cj,cj-4....some sort of 4 stroke diesel rated sae30. I can't find any! All I find are cf oils for old 2 stroke green leakers.

Don't want a synthetic like amsoil.

Anyone seen any out there?

Both Chevron and Shell make straight SAE 30. Contact their respective distributors in your area. They'll sell it by the case or 5 gal bucket.

Also, the local John Deere shop should have a ton of SAE 30 Fifty Plus on the self. You can usually get a price break if you have a commercial anything ...

Last edited:
Can't you use 10w30?
smile.gif

My choice would be Rotella T5 10w30

it is cf not cj?cj4 but walmart carries supertech sae30 in gallon jugs that is cf/cf2/sf
mag1 has a hdeo in sae30
I have yoused both over the years in my gasser/diesels, and powerstroke in the summer up here in michigan

harvey

Originally Posted By: JR
it is cf not cj?cj4 but walmart carries supertech sae30 in gallon jugs that is cf/cf2/sf
mag1 has a hdeo in sae30
I have yoused both over the years in my gasser/diesels, and powerstroke in the summer up here in michigan

harvey
the cf oils are for 2 stroke diesel. That's all I can find locally. Odd because California banned 2 stroke diesels 20 years ago.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Both Chevron and Shell make straight SAE 30. Contact their respective distributors in your area. They'll sell it by the case or 5 gal bucket.

Also, the local John Deere shop should have a ton of SAE 30 Fifty Plus on the self. You can usually get a price break if you have a commercial anything ...
I'm not near a farm community.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: beanoil
Amalie XLO Fleet.
Amalie
I have never seen that brand around here.

Amalie has been around forever. Rumored to be the first oil ever leaked from a Harley Davidson.

Point your browser here and have it delivered.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: JR
mag1 has a hdeo in sae30

harvey
the cf oils are for 2 stroke diesel. That's all I can find locally. Odd because California banned 2 stroke diesels 20 years ago.

They banned new sales for "on road" use. Off road they are still running in dirt moving equipment, pumps and all over the marine world. 2-Strokes will not be gone until the last Navy ship sinks, and the last Euclid stops tuning
laugh.gif

I'm using CF-2 in my truck and mowers with out hiccup i'm sure you are not going to have a problem using it in a 4 cycle engine delo or rotella flavor.

It is not possible to make a monograde CI-4, CJ-4, or CK-4 product. The last API category with monograde products was CH-4.

Well then does that not make the OPs question a bit moot? And his quest a bit simpler?
Don't most all the majors make a monograde 4-stroke HDEOs in 30 grade? T1; Delvac 1600; etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back