Civic best in class again Motor Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coupe touring I had was good looking, peppy then lay off the turbo for 45-54mpg. my son has it now, we know how to deal with the cold weather fuel dilution... not a big deal at all if you know how to use an extractor.

I haven't driven the new Civic but I have the 3.

When we were shopping for CUVs and drove the CX9 the sales guy let me drive the new 3 Grand Touring* (I think..it was pretty loaded) with the AWD. I really liked it and thought the interior was really good and the drive was great.
I guess if they think the Honda has a better interior it must be just spectacular. Now the price on the 3 was up there though so the Civic may be the better value.

Originally Posted by dishdude
I'd rather have the Mazda, the Civic's a turd.

Well this wins for most vapid post.

The Civic hasn't won all of the accolades it has (many different magazines, websites, and TV shows) by accident. Anyone who thinks that is, well...

My dad has a '17 Civic and as someone who has a 3 series I can attest that it rides, steers, and handles like a more expensive car than it is, also that the CVT wasn't really objectionable at all, plus he gets 45mpg highway with it. In terms of driving experience it's not hard to imagine why the Civic would be tops.

As for fuel dilution, other than the fact that it exists on some cars in some climates and Honda is making good for potential issues with warranty extensions, I'm not seeing much other evidence making a compelling case to avoid it.

I'd be happy with an Si or Type R for a DD; ditto for another MS3- if Mazda ever sees fit to build one.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Does this Civic come with the 1.5L fuel diluter?

Funny...I don't believe I have seen ANY HONDA ever at the side of the road-broke down.

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Does this Civic come with the 1.5L fuel diluter?

Funny...I don't believe I have seen ANY HONDA ever at the side of the road-broke down.

You must not get out much
lol.gif
I've seen every marque under the sun broken down, my MIL's Odyssey trans pooping the bed wasn't an awesome Honda experience either.

Our Honda outboard has been the best outboard we've ever owned. My lawn mower is Honda-powered (Toro). However, there have been numerous documented engine failures due to the fuel dilution problem, hence the extended warranty and of course the recall in China. To try and hand wave that away in this manner is simply silly.

Originally Posted by Ammofirst
The side view Looks very disjointed.

All current Hondas are a design mess.

It's like the designers finished too early and their bosses told them to go back and keep designing because they still had a few months and weren't allowed to just sit around.

Honda, Nissan, and Toyota all refuse to drug test their stylists, and they also have a quota that requires that half of their designers must be blind.

Originally Posted by gofast182

The Civic hasn't won all of the accolades it has (many different magazines, websites, and TV shows) by accident. Anyone who thinks that is, well...

My dad has a '17 Civic and as someone who has a 3 series I can attest that it rides, steers, and handles like a more expensive car than it is, also that the CVT wasn't really objectionable at all, plus he gets 45mpg highway with it. In terms of driving experience it's not hard to imagine why the Civic would be tops.

My Dad has an 08 Civic. While it has been reliable it's nothing special. I have driven it and it's loud, not that fast, and seriously nothing special. I honestly don't know why it won any awards. I've also spent some time in a Corolla (not as a driver though) and throught it was a better place to be.

Originally Posted by itguy08
Originally Posted by gofast182

My Dad has an 08 Civic. While it has been reliable it's nothing special. I have driven it and it's loud, not that fast, and seriously nothing special. I honestly don't know why it won any awards. I've also spent some time in a Corolla (not as a driver though) and throught it was a better place to be.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the current gen. Civic which is the topic of the thread.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Honda, Nissan, and Toyota all refuse to drug test their stylists, and they also have a quota that requires that half of their designers must be blind.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

I would think a "good car for the money"

would be a MT Focus or Kia Forte. Under $14K likely.

The Local VW place Seacoast VW is selling near midsized new Jetta's for :

MSRP:
$20,410
Dealer Discount:
-$3,824
Seacoast Price:
$16,586

I don't mind leasing but would be hesitant to buy one.

Originally Posted by itguy08

We have a 2009, which I was just driving for a couple of weeks while my girlfriend had my Forester. It was the best small car we test-drove back then and it's still a good car ten years later. The only issue it has is a bit of oil-burning, but it still gets between oil changes without topping off and it seems to have improved since we gave it some highway miles to clean out the engine last year.

That said, I'd be reluctant to buy a new one due to the oil dilution issues. And I'm not a big fan of the current styling.

We'll probably get another Subaru when the Civic finally expires.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I think the current styling is beautiful,as long as you get either the coupe or the Si.

The Si looks good to me. Needs awd and a motor that doesnt fuel wash, and it would be one helluva ride. In fact, the old Si was faster...bring back that engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back