Civic best in class again Motor Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Civic

'Conclusion

The final decision in this comparison wasn't difficult. Although the new 3 has great styling and a premium interior, the changes made to its suspension and powertrain and its lack of standard safety technologies kept it from earning top honors. The new Mazda3 is still fun to drive, but it doesn't have the same character it used to. If you're cross-shopping between these two cars, you should also know that the Mazda has worse fuel economy numbers.

The Civic, on the other hand, continues to deliver on everything it promises. It can be sporty when you want it to be fun and quiet when you need a peaceful ride. Its value, standard equipment, and interior space are superior to Mazda's, and it simply continues to be the best car in its class.'

Originally Posted by Ws6
I wouldn't buy either, but if forced, I'd go Mazda 3 because the engine isnt a problem and it has awd available.

Doubt I have owned anything a magazine picked as best in class … life goes on …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by Ws6
I wouldn't buy either, but if forced, I'd go Mazda 3 because the engine isnt a problem and it has awd available.

I believe Motor Trend had the Renault Alliance as car of the year.
lol.gif

I;ve never cared for anything from Mazda.
The 3 was always over-hyped and under delivered.

Civic has always been a well built performer. Even going back to the Integra GSR and Type R (different cars, but same basic FWD platform).

Regardless of any turbo/fuel dilution issues, I'd still choose one over a Mazda 3.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Does this Civic come with the 1.5L fuel diluter?

It's the fuel saver. Why burn it when you can add it to the oil?

Originally Posted by dishdude

lol.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by Ws6

I have. It was a good experience.

Originally Posted by dishdude

crackmeup2.gif

Boo! to Mazda and Civic.

Uninspired, tepid - blecch!.

The currently running, over-scheduled Mazda TV Ad and song will keep me away forever. Makes me want to get the M1 Garand out of mothballs and take down that skinny, dopey, clueless 20-something as she soars away hanging on the balloon string.

Almost as bad as the autotuned "Die Zauberflöte" aria in Volvo Ad.

Maybe samely bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back