Citgo Supergard Full Synthetic - 0W-20 - 2014 Toyota Sequoia 3UR-FE

e40

First UOA was with TGMO, when I bought the truck last March. The second is Supergard. (They didn't update the oil brand..)

I'm at 170k now - I'll likely switch to a 10k interval. The book says 5k because it's a FFV, but I don't use E85.

UOA-2.JPG

KV100 starts at 8.8cSt so I would say that the end result is very good for the price of the oil. I agree with RamFan, Citgo makes solid products and they've done well in my experience.
Yeah, but if the oil starts at 8.8, then, the oil, at 9.0 exit, is thickening. Good report, in spite of the ,apparent, thickening. If the report re vis is correct, the op should not run that oil to 10,000.

I switched to Citgo full synthetic in may gasoline fleet because it was cheaper than Super Tech the last time I purchased it. Citgo's rebate process is a little different than the Mobil one but it worked out in the end. I paid $2.70 / quart out the door. I was pretty happy with that. With the latest Farm & Fleet price and the Citgo rebate it looks like it will be $3.67 / quart. Still not too bad given the price of oil these days.

just my $0.02

Yeah, but if the oil starts at 8.8, then, the oil, at 9.0 exit, is thickening. Good report, in spite of the ,apparent, thickening. If the report re vis is correct, the op should not run that oil to 10,000.

I think I read the UOA wrong. Anyone oil thickening during any oil change interval is usually a sign of something being problematic within the engine and not the oil itself from my understanding.

Back