Chrysler To Go All Electric By 2028

F06ACEB4-1DCC-47BD-A63F-59F86CE1E7B6.jpeg

Well, thats one way to fix all of the engine issues that Chrysler has.
Name the engine issues that Chrysler has and I'll name just as many or more for Ford, GM,.......and that Hyundai that you own. Not picking, but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Other than the 2.7l, a lot of Ma' Mopar's engines have proven to be as reliable as most others in the same era. Cheers. 🍻

Last edited:
Name the engine issues that Chrysler has and I'll name just as many or more for Ford, GM,.......and that Hyundai that you own. Not picking, but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Other than the 2.7l, a lot of Ma' Mopar's engines have proven to be as reliable as most others in the same era. Cheers. 🍻
Careful, people who haven’t so much as touched one in 20+ years will start spouting off stuff they read online 🙄

Or they bought a used one with a questionable history and instead of blaming the previous owners neglect/abuse they blame the vehicle itself… of their brothers uncles step cousins buddies dad had one and it was “nothing but problems!”

Sorry I don't get it.
The cost of battery replacement can be more than 10 years worth of gas I think.
You still use power to charge these cars.
Disposing of batteries has to be bad on environment.
There are efforts to recycle the batteries.

Power does indeed have to come from somewhere. In doing an energy analysis, one can determine if more or less energy is used per mile, EV as opposed to ICE.

But the effort is not driven by cost-battery replacement is indeed expensive. The reason behind the drive to EV is the energy use per mile, or more importantly, the carbon dioxide emissions per mile, as resulting from the usage of nonrenewnable fuels. An EV can be powered from coal or gas, leading to a net sum zero, where it is the same amount of CO2 per mile. Our country has a lot of coal and gas generated electricity and thus is it is thought that high mpg hybrids might hold the edge (for today).

But as renewable engergy is pumped into the grid, the CO2 per mile goes down. As the grid changes, it can change transparent to the end user. As the grid gets cleaner, less CO2 per mile. That is the thrust behind the push to EV. (I suspect there can be some desire on the part of OEM’s here, battery, some wires, one or two electric motors is probably simpler and thus more reliable for them to warranty.)

And so this thread (and others) posit that we really ought to be developing nuclear power.

When all there is, is electric that is what you will buy,
Respectfully-not on here. There will be beaters that many BITOGers will keep holding together with bailing wire, chewing gum, and glue. This is the most resistant to change group one will find.

EVs make a lot of sense once range and charging issues are further evolved. Even right now there are some EVs with a talk of a 500 mile range. (That's enough for just about anybody). And with 1/10th the moving parts, and talk of battery leasing it is starting to look very attractive.

Last edited:
Respectfully-not on here. There will be beaters that many BITOGers will keep holding together with bailing wire, chewing gum, and glue. This is the most resistant to change group one will find.
:ROFLMAO: I was thinking the same thing. Your gonna have your old school crowd that refuses to change over.

Reactions: CKN
Careful, people who haven’t so much as touched one in 20+ years will start spouting off stuff they read online 🙄

Or they bought a used one with a questionable history and instead of blaming the previous owners neglect/abuse they blame the vehicle itself… of their brothers uncles step cousins buddies dad had one and it was “nothing but problems!”
the real issue is sample size. i have had five new vehicles. 2003 ranger, 2007 silverado classic, 2012 wrangler jk, 2013 wrangler jku, 2016 chevy 2500hd.

the ford and chevies had minimal issues, both jeeps were back to the dealer constantly. my experience was consistent with the reputation that chrysler in general, and jeep in particular, does not make reliable vehicles.

but still i recognize that i am talking about 2 jeeps out of god knows how many. and the ranger 2.3, chevy 4.3, and chevy 6.0 were all mature platforms. if i had bought a ford or chevy with newer tech, who is to say i would not have had bigger problems than i did with the jeep? i know someone that lost a 2.7 ecoboost engine at 20k miles with very light usage, and we have all heard of the afm lifter issues in gm 1500 series trucks.

all you can do is take an educated guess at what vehicle works best for you, taking into account your needs, preferences, budget, brand reputation, whether you want to be an early adopter or want the latest and greatest, etc.

There are efforts to recycle the batteries.

Power does indeed have to come from somewhere. In doing an energy analysis, one can determine if more or less energy is used per mile, EV as opposed to ICE.

But the effort is not driven by cost-battery replacement is indeed expensive. The reason behind the drive to EV is the energy use per mile, or more importantly, the carbon dioxide emissions per mile, as resulting from the usage of nonrenewnable fuels. An EV can be powered from coal or gas, leading to a net sum zero, where it is the same amount of CO2 per mile. Our country has a lot of coal and gas generated electricity and thus is it is thought that high mpg hybrids might hold the edge (for today).

But as renewable engergy is pumped into the grid, the CO2 per mile goes down. As the grid changes, it can change transparent to the end user. As the grid gets cleaner, less CO2 per mile. That is the thrust behind the push to EV. (I suspect there can be some desire on the part of OEM’s here, battery, some wires, one or two electric motors is probably simpler and thus more reliable for them to warranty.)

And so this thread (and others) posit that we really ought to be developing nuclear power.

CO2 is not an issue because it is not a pollutant. There is no "climate crisis" and any climactic changes are due to the forces of nature which we cannot control. There is absolutely no reason for forcing massive changes in energy production and transportation. I will never own an electric car or a hybrid and in fact refuse to make any effort to reduce my energy usage or CO2 output.

CO2 is not an issue because it is not a pollutant. There is no "climate crisis" and any climactic changes are due to the forces of nature which we cannot control. There is absolutely no reason for forcing massive changes in energy production and transportation. I will never own an electric car or a hybrid and in fact refuse to make any effort to reduce my energy usage or CO2 output.

If there ever was a textbook example of confusion between weather and climate, it’s that website.

I could see EV's being a chance for Chrysler and other brands to regain some market share if they manage to execute it properly. I see it as a potential opportunity to appeal to younger buyers that may not have otherwise considered Chrysler's products.

Back