Chrysler To Go All Electric By 2028

If they are still in business by then.
To be this seems like they are going all wall street trying to reduce expense of developing new ICE engines and going to a simpler design that everyone else is going to use (EV) and blend in with the crowd. If things go wrong in the EV side they might just buy engines and transmission from someone else and slap them on an old design to sell.

Maybe someone will buy the whole company before they have to worry about 2028?

To be this seems like they are going all wall street trying to reduce expense of developing new ICE engines and going to a simpler design that everyone else is going to use (EV) and blend in with the crowd. If things go wrong in the EV side they might just buy engines and transmission from someone else and slap them on an old design to sell.

Maybe someone will buy the whole company before they have to worry about 2028?
The company is Stellantis, FCA was recently folded into it. I doubt anybody will be buying them, they are huge.
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 7.17.39 PM.jpg

That's a lineup of winners 😜😜

There are some very high TCO marques in that list, LOL! (I'm looking at you Maserati and Alfa Romeo).

But Peugeot has been doing the electric thing for a while now, that was part of the reason for the merger, to get access to mature electrification technology. Since Chrysler as a brand has very few vehicles, I could easily see them going all electric while Jeep, RAM and Dodge continue down a more diversified path that includes, full EV's, PHEV's and ICE vehicles.

There are some very high TCO marques in that list, LOL! (I'm looking at you Maserati and Alfa Romeo).

But Peugeot has been doing the electric thing for a while now, that was part of the reason for the merger, to get access to mature electrification technology. Since Chrysler as a brand has very few vehicles, I could easily see them going all electric while Jeep, RAM and Dodge continue down a more diversified path that includes, full EV's, PHEV's and ICE vehicles.
I agree. I am amazed that one company could assemble so many turds in one portfolio...dang.

Hey go beddie Overkill...
Hope you are on the mend..

I agree. I am amazed that one company could assemble so many turds in one portfolio...dang.

Hey go beddie Overkill...
Hope you are on the mend..
Hey man, just because the Italian cars are more fickle than a bipolar latina super model doesn't mean they can't be fun ;) But I'd probably never own one, hahhhaha.

It's an interesting grouping, that's for sure. We'll see how it plays out over the next few years, Fiat was very good for the Chrysler group, interior quality improved by leaps and bounds, there is the possibility that this actually goes well.

Hey man, just because the Italian cars are more fickle than a bipolar latina super model doesn't mean they can't be fun ;) But I'd probably never own one, hahhhaha.

It's an interesting grouping, that's for sure. We'll see how it plays out over the next few years, Fiat was very good for the Chrysler group, interior quality improved by leaps and bounds, there is the possibility that this actually goes well.
Don't get your knickers knotted Overkill. 😁I have a plan. I'm tired so I may be able to dump my business on them since they don't know good from bad...lol

Back