Chrysler Sales up 25% and a comment on GM sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would i go on the lot? i dont have to do that to know our money is mis-managed now. and plus when a brand loses a customer, that customer is gone...proven

Originally Posted By: kcfx4
why would i go on the lot? i dont have to do that to know our money is mis-managed now. and plus when a brand loses a customer, that customer is gone...proven

If you can't even be bothered to drive yourself to a dealership and LOOK, then DO NOT say that their cars are bad because you really have no idea. I at least make an effort and actually have gone to dealerships for toyota, honda, nissan, etc and looked. You are just a troll. And clearly, that last statement isn't the case. Because Ford is gaining back "lost" customers by the truckload.

theres always an exception to a rule, but it is proven. and much like brand recognition, sometimes its negative. i buy ford, but that will stop if ever a bailout is needed. im not a GM basher.

Last edited:
and you guys didnt even say one word about the gm eployees even making a choice not to buy gm, i need no more proof than that guys

there is a gm plant in my town, majority of the trucks found are a different brand, whats the employees saying? i said "different brand" hoping this post can stay on here

Because there's nothing more annoying than having your post "moved" for having included the "F" word. ;-)

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
If you can't even be bothered to drive yourself to a dealership and LOOK, then DO NOT say that their cars are bad because you really have no idea.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

but i also noticed not more than 2 words mentioned about chrysler, which could be good news for gm, maybe the chrysler employees will buy gm?
not a gm basher, rather a baiout basher.....thats 2 of 3, 1's missing?

Last edited:
Every single one is a high quality, reliable,

What are buyers supposed to be able to tell about quality and reliability on the car lot? I guess if the car disintegrated in front of their eyes as it sat on the tarmac it might be a bad sign. Better to do research on the reliability of recent models. GM doesn't do so well there.

Quote:
And I'll disagree with the not enough business.

Their balance sheet and creditors certainly agreed with it. Certainly, GM's management agreed with it when they filed for bankruptcy.

Quote:
While it hasn't happened yet, they have projected to make a profit this year

Let me know when the Great Pumpkin shows up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: drewjp
makes me wonder why gm didnt revamp pontiac rather than Buick, but anyways..[trolling comment], or should i say..[removed political comment]

Good riddance to Pontiac...junky and cheap. They have begun to make Buick a legitimate competitor in the entry luxury market.

This from the guy with a PT cruiser...While I would admit, they had to go to save big GM, your Pontiac statement makes no sense unless you are driving a Lexus.

I would like to see your PT run 11 second 1/4 miles consistently and still be daily driveable with minimal squeaks rattles and pull down 24 to 26 mpg on the highway.

He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones and this from a guy who has owned 7 different turbo Mopars and a Dodge Stratus.

I am just 25 and purchased the car because my mother wanted something new. I am a true car nut, and when I can afford to own something nicer, I will. Might I remind you that the PT won MT Car of the Year and it has a ton of cargo room, and I can average 26-27 on the highway. It is slow, I will admit that.

But can you name the last Pontiac to win that award? Oh yeah, the 1988 Grand Prix...we all know what a great car that was (yawn)

Did Rszappa get a new name and move to Indiana?

Sbergman, you are just plain wrong. GM did and still does have plenty of customers, if they didn't, they wouldn't still be among the top two auto manufacturers in the world. Selling a lot of cars, and making a profit off those cars are two completely different stories. Excess capacity and many other factors come into play, but some how I feel the point will be lost on you. Your contention that GM cant convince enough people to buy their cars is just factually wrong.

Tell me, besides Toyota, who sells more cars than GM?

Back to the trolling.....sorry for the injection of a little facts.

"and im telling you that right now gm products are very good to excellent" ....thats reassuring...what were they?
ill be back in a minute, the news is on, [trolling comment]

Originally Posted By: sbergman27
And I'm telling you that right now, GM products are very good, to excellent.

Glad you like your Cavalier. Unfortunately, there weren't enough other people agreeing with you to keep GM afloat as a business.

Quote:
Call me new fashioned but I really don't give a toss what GM did 30 years ago.

The rot began at least 42 years ago. The beginnings of the downward trend are apparent in my 1968 Cadillacs.

Quote:
They are NOT the same company today that they were then

No. Back then they (the US auto industry in general, and GM in particular) were riding high because they were the only game in town, rather than having been beaten by the competition, and living off government charity.

Same as LS1Mike said, neither of you have been on a GM lot in a long time have you. The malibu, Traverse, Equinox, Camaro, Silverado. The GMC Acadia, Terrain, Sierra, Yukon. Buick Lacrosse, Regal, Enclave. Caddy CTS, SRX... Every single one is a high quality, reliable, well built and engineered vehicle.

And I'll disagree with the not enough business. While it hasn't happened yet, they have projected to make a profit this year, and it is a very encouraging sign they aren't burning through cash like nobodys business.

+1 To you and LS1Mike.

I always have to chuckle when I see a list of the great GM products online or soon to come online. Funny thing is, every single last one of them was approved, final designed and greenlighted by the same group of idiots that just Had to go. The people that get blamed all the time for running the company in the ground were the exact same people that oversaw the development of those great cars.

Oh well, Whitacre it seems is good at taking the credit for other peoples accomplishments....lol. Whew, good thing all those idiots are gone.

big? yes , smart? no......still no comment on employees? i spent years hearing how much junk (f) is..yet they didnt need a bailout. and look at the bright side...if (when) they fail, your cars value will go up, while my small town, turns into a ghost town. meanwhile they (gvmnt) is fixing your competition (toyota) for you. and even your location says "motor city..whats left", so you know

big? yes , smart? no......still no comment on employees? i spent years hearing how much junk (f) is..yet they didnt need a bailout. and look at the bright side...if (when) they fail, your cars value will go up, while my small town, turns into a ghost town. meanwhile they (gvmnt) is fixing your competition (toyota) for you. and even your location says "motor city..whats left", so you know

So let me get this straight. Ford is able to turn around both its buyer base and quality, but GM can't? I love the double standard you have going here.

I think this whole thing should be locked. NONE of these posts have anyting to do with the OP's topic.

it wasnt i that said ford turned around its buyer base, i never even so much as commented on that. im guessn your a gm employee or close to one, you need to be preaching to the choir/fellow employees

As a Ford man, what I do know is that GM is key to the survival of the industry in America. Ford included.

it wasnt i that said ford turned around its buyer base, i never even so much as commented on that. im guessn your a gm employee or close to one, you need to be preaching to the choir/fellow employees

Actually, no. I have 3 family members that work for FORD as a matter of fact.

i could drink to that, if were not all bankrupt soon. hope thats not too political

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back