Chrysler hurricane inline 6 differing oil specs.

You won't get an NA model. You will get a turbo4 for lower power levels.
I also imagined a single turbo 6 in the future but I'm talking NA for smaller vehicles as a base engine. They offer an na 3.6, 5.7. and 6.4 on the charger. I'd imagine an na 3.0 on an sxt for best mpg, a single turbo 3.0 like an rt. And the twin turbo 3.0 for like an rt scat pack with the SO and HO performance package as an option. I can also see them lopping off 2 cylinders and having either or both an NA and single turbo 2.0 at most to replace the Fiat 2.4 multiair they still use too. The FCA thing is supposed to dead since it's stelantis now but some of it is still going,

91 Octane (required) ?? :oops: :oops:
I’m reading the standard output as being rated on 91 and will make less on 87/89 similar to what Ford does for the ecoboost engines, while the high output version requires it much like the SRT 6.4 V8 and the Hellcat 6.2 V8 that also require 91+.

5/0w20 seems okay for the 5.7 which is real close in power and torque to the SO version, should be adequate for most people in this engine as well.

That's going to be very difficult. The FE hit for in town driving would be huge. Remember a lot of these turbo engines are operating in NA mode (i.e. off boost) or very close to it at highway speeds and only on boost around town.

In any case the numbers put out by Chrysler shouldn't be too difficult. The current BMW B58 (2015) makes well over 400 hp. BMW S58 (2019) makes almost 500 hp. Both are closed deck I6's with twin-scroll turbochargers.
Not sure about others but my boosted Kia 1.6t Forte is basically off boost and behaves as N/A at the initial 50% of the throttle travel.

You won't get an NA model. You will get a turbo4 for lower power levels.

Other way around. The turbo 4 that these new i6 engines are based off is already in production and used by FCA for a number of years.

Other way around. The turbo 4 that these new i6 engines are based off is already in production and used by FCA for a number of years.
Yup:
1674596206506.jpg

Interesting they're getting 100 hp more out of 0.9 less compression, 3.6 more PSI boost and 300 more RPM.
Be interesting to see the fuel maps.
Less compression allows for more boost pressure and timing advance. With 91 as the lowest octane requirement, the tune can be more aggressive than a tune which runs the knock sensors more with 91 as a recommendation but 87 in the tank.

Back