Chipmunks - Damit.

CCI makes a fragmenting .22 round that goes about 750 fps. When fired from a rifle or pistol, it is so quiet that it sounds like a hand clap. I have shot two chipmunks so far this season. Neighbors never know I did. Round also works great on rabbits.

My son has my .22 Ruger. I couldn't hit these little varmits. They run so fast you can hardly see them. Work too hard to have a presentable lawn to have them tunnel under shrubs and kill them. Headed to Lowe's this morning for some poison. If squirrels are collateral damage then so be it. Last fall they did $800 damage under the hood of of my daily driver. Chewed the injector harness. I'm an animal lover but not going to give it up to rodents.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BusyLittleShop
I own a Chipmunk trainer so be kind to the little devils...

I've trapped 87 skunks 15 possums 2 gray squirrels and someones cat in Uncle Chan's trap off Amazon... it might work for Chipmunks so they can be relocated alive...

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

I have two of these traps. Only the squirrels are going in.

Originally Posted by Fattylocks
Originally Posted by fsdork
Originally Posted by samven
... I would not use poison because you will kill vultures, owls and hawks when they grab up the wobbly or dead critters...

It frustrates me that so many people either don't understand or don't care about the collateral damage that poisons can cause.

I hear that.
And outside cats really are an environmental disaster also.

Cats do kill some things outside that are not pests. But I don't think they are an environmental disaster. How about a collar with a little bell.

Originally Posted by Donald
... I would not use poison because you will kill vultures, owls and hawks when they grab up the wobbly or dead critters...

It frustrates me that so many people either don't understand or don't care about the collateral damage that poisons can cause.

I hear that.

Cats do kill some things outside that are not pests. But I don't think they are an environmental disaster. How about a collar with a little bell.

Google this combination of two words.
Cats. Extinction.
See how many articles pop up.

tomcat rap trap and some sunflower seed

tie trap to a stake or some garden chair leg, put out multiple traps, call cuz in NY to take care of the dead bodies [latter is a joke]

[Linked Image from zoro.com]

Last edited:

I've had a healthy deer and skunk drop dead in my yard because someone in the neighborhood decided to use poison. I can only imagine what happened at other yards.

I wonder how many cats died.

Originally Posted by BlastChamber
5 Gallon Bucket

Fill 3/4 with water

Layer of floating sunflower seeds to cover the water

Wood ramp from ground to rim of bucket with additional seeds on ramp

**** FREE SWIMMING LESSONS! *****

Just google 5 gallon bucket chipmunk trap

That is a cruel and sadistic death.
Sick.

I hear that.

And all these loose cats started with careless human idiots.

but WE are the environmental disaster - overpopulating then ravaging and exploiting this beautiful Planet.

And We are too stupid and selfish to self analyse and correct.

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
[Linked Image]

The cat has to be using that new high velocity 3mm Tom Cat cartridge in that rifle.

I used a live trap and peanut butter. That worked but then you have to relocate them at least 5 miles away... and sure enough, a new "tenant" moves in shortly after. A never ending cycle... until my neighbor did what I didn't, the bucket method...

Reviewing all the holes in the yard. Stopped counting at 22 when I saw a black snake slither in one when I walked up. Hallelujah! I'm glad he's out there. He will surely eat a few and maybe run the rest off. Hopefully that snake brought he's family and friends with him. Snakes and hawks are the best rodent control bar none.

Snap traps or live traps, then euthanasia. Relocation is illegal. Caught a wood chuck in the hava-heartless. Made a gas chamber with a metal barrel and a plastic bag and 2 gopher gassers...

It's Easy for me to ignore unenforceable, moronic laws made by idiot politicians/lawmakers.

Plenty of open land in Marshfield.

That's is a VERY disturbing effort, andyd.

Try harder to be humane next time.

We all share this planet.

Humans don't "own it".

Let's get that through our noggins.

I value your point but I personally value my house and my shrubs and my property more.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
...We all share this planet.

Humans don't "own it"...

Who does "own it?" I'm serious. Who does it belong to?

You might try some of those big sticky pads. And hope that a hawk or owl comes by and carries it all off so you won't have to dispose of it. Win win...
crackmeup2.gif

I hear that.

Humans are worst than cats.......

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
It's Easy for me to ignore unenforceable, moronic laws made by idiot politicians/lawmakers.
Plenty of open land in Marshfield.
That's is a VERY disturbing effort, andyd.
Try harder to be humane next time.
We all share this planet.
Humans don't "own it".
Let's get that through our noggins.

They are very destructive. Its a bad idea to rid yourself of the destruction at the expense of others who need to deal with them.
Why don't you just share your place on the planet to these critters???

Back