Chinese Ebay Seller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally bid on these test leads because I thought they were in Los Angeles California, but the PayPal receipt I received says otherwise:

From PayPal:
Quote:
"Receipt for your PayPal payment to OT-QINGDAO ZHIBOHONGYU TRADING CO., LTD"

So at that point, I decided to send a message to the seller:

Me:
Quote:
"Is the item located in Los Angeles California?"

Seller:
Quote:
"Hello Sir,

this test leads is not in Los Angel.

it is in Amazon Warehours

it will shipping from Amazon Service

Best Wishes

Tingting"

Those spelling errors are not mine.

And check out this tracking number: LK620692806CN

I ran it through Google and it doesn't exist.
confused2.gif

Well, for what it's worth, I frequently encounter dysfunctional tracking numbers, but the items have so far always arrived. Maybe ask Tingting to please confirm the tracking number.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
"Tingting" lol

That's a popular Chinese girl's name. It means slim and graceful. And no, I am not joking.

Down in his shipping policy:
To USA UK Austrial [sic] 7-15 days by e-package, others 15-45 days.

e-package isn't bad - it goes by China Post to the US, then hands off by agreement to USPS for the domestic delivery.

Would have been nice to ship from the US.

There's a tiny risk you'll have to pay customs duty, but when it's under $100 it doesn't seem to get noticed.

Originally Posted By: spackard
Down in his shipping policy:
To USA UK Austrial [sic] 7-15 days by e-package, others 15-45 days.

e-package isn't bad - it goes by China Post to the US, then hands off by agreement to USPS for the domestic delivery.

Would have been nice to ship from the US.

There's a tiny risk you'll have to pay customs duty, but when it's under $100 it doesn't seem to get noticed.

Up to a value of $200 is duty-free. See "minimum threshold":
http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-gu...-United-States/

You bought something from Ebay that is made in China and are surprised it is being shipped from China?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
"Tingting" lol

^^Haha I was thinking the same thing!!

I couldn't help myself lol

I thought of a character from Drawn Together, but wrong country of origin.

I would be annoyed if I thought I was bidding on something from LA and it came from a 3rd world country.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I would be annoyed if I thought I was bidding on something from LA and it came from a 3rd world country.

Exactly. I had my ebay search filter set to U.S. only, but this Chinese ebay seller still managed to get through the search filter. The item location on the seller's page says "Los Angel, United States." I just assumed the ebay seller misspelled Los Angeles and then proceeded to place my bid.

There is a Japanese city named Usa. Some shrewed local manufacturers labeled their products as "Made in Usa" and got away with it after WW2.
grin2.gif
How times have changed! Now the Japanese are proud of "Made in Japan" and Americans don't buy products "Made in USA" so much anymore.

Still, the description says 7-15days by e-package.

You have no reason to complain unless you get it late.

Last edited:
Run your tracking number through USPS. It should be through the post and USPS will be able to track it.

Google search will not yield any fruitful results

Also the results may take a few days to show up

Last edited:
You know, it's possible your eBay seller is located in Los Angeles. It's just that they are probably a storefront that stocks no physical merchandise. After you buy so the item from them, they'll buy the item from China and have it shipped directly to you. I'd figure ting ting is a middle man operation.

Originally Posted By: ajchien
You know, it's possible your eBay seller is located in Los Angeles. It's just that they are probably a storefront that stocks no physical merchandise. After you buy so the item from them, they'll buy the item from China and have it shipped directly to you. I'd figure ting ting is a middle man operation.

Tingting is a possibly nubile middle woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back