Ebay seller filed Unpaid Item Case against me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased an item last week and paid using PayPal. I received a "Receipt for your payment" email from PayPal saying that I had sent payment and that they've asked the seller to ship. Fast forward 8 days and I received 2 messages from the seller via Ebay telling me that I needed to pay for the item.

Since then, I've notified the seller that I paid for the item when I purchased the item, I have a payment confirmation email from PayPal and I have a transaction on my credit card for the item that shows both a transaction and post date. He says that Ebay shows I didn't pay for the item and I still need to pay. When I'm signed-in to PayPal my payment history page shows the payment as Pending with his email address/ebay user name hasn't accepted yet. When I told him that and uploaded a screen shot of the PayPal message he told me he checked his PayPal account and there is no payment.

Fast forward two days and yesterday (Friday) he filed an Unpaid Item Case against me. In a message he says:
So after research. Payment has not been made. Total payment of xx.xx due.
Thanks.

Looking on Ebay I see you can dispute Unpaid Item Cases but when I attempted to do that Ebay automatically says:
This case is still open, so you're not able to appeal at this time.
If you haven't paid for the item, please provide payment. You have 2 days from when the case was opened to make payment.

Has anyone run into such a problem before? Solutions? Next time I'll pay approx. $4 more and just order from Amazon.

I have never experienced this but I would call up eBay customer service and talk to the human. The online system is automated so it won't let you do anything but if you talk to the human then maybe they can do something.

But one thing makes me wonder, why the seller sent an item if they didn't receive the money? When I sold a couple of things, eBay explicitly told me not to ship an item until payment is received.

I have never experienced this but I would call up eBay customer service and talk to the human. The online system is automated so it won't let you do anything but if you talk to the human then maybe they can do something.

But one thing makes me wonder, why the seller sent an item if they didn't receive the money? When I sold a couple of things, eBay explicitly told me not to ship an item until payment is received.
It does look like I should call ebay if I don't want to have to wait to appeal the Unpaid Item Claim. As for your second point, the seller never shipped the item.

The receiver may have his paypal email address wrong. I.E. you sent a payment, but it didn’t go to him.
That's a good idea. I don't think that's the case here, as 1. The seller has been on eBay for 15+ years and 2. When I uploaded the screenshot from my PayPal account that showed eBay - seller email (eBay seller name) hasn't accepted yet...you would think he would have noticed if the email wasn't correct. But maybe not 🤷‍♂️

Ebay and paypal been mostly nothing but aggravation and problems for me in the mid 2000's. Than a Fake mirror Paypal site emerged and stole my personal info. That's It, I pulled the plug on both of them. Then you get the " I'm a poor college student, give me the item for 50 dollars", although they bid and won for 89 dollars. Then there is that big item you won and paid for, but they guy doesn't ship the thing. Then you get junk sold as good stuff. That's why I pulled the plug on that circus of idiocy.
I was going to clean up my collection of old Monster Cable interconnect and speaker wire and sell them there. I get more money for them than electronics. I'll use my wife's account. Like dealing with diablo personal assistant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back