Chinese Ebay Seller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: c502cid
I'm in China now, want me to check on it for you? lol

Take and send pictures of Tingting.

Chinese stuff like leads, fuel lines, small engine filters are Great. Stay away from batteries. I've literally had them last a month and go dead and not accept a charge. I've also noticed parts don't exactly line up or fit perfect. I think they make copies from pictures.

Originally Posted By: nwjones18
For what its worth I've ordered stuff from China on Ebay and its always gotten here, but it may take 2-3 wks.

+1
Always pretty decent service in my experiences.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
"Tingting" lol

Remember when some intern at the FAA released the "names" of the pilots involved in the Asiana crash in SF?
Sum Ting Wong
Wi Tu Lo
Ho Lee Fuk
Bang Ding Ow
An anchorwoman actually read the names with a totally straight face!
I knew a guy from Laos who had a Chinese name as well as a Laotian name. He asked me if I knew how Chinese parents named their kids...I said no, and he told me they threw a fork down the stairs. I thought about it for a few seconds and then we howled uncontrollably for 5 minutes.

I ordered a bracelet for my daughter from China, a cheap little thing we just tossed in with a book order. Got a package with a little box and no bracelet about three weeks later. Sent a quick email about the problem during what would have been the middle of the night there and got a reply within minutes...they rushed out a replacement that took less than a week to show up. They probably paid a pretty substantial express shipping cost for something that was like $6. I was impressed!

I would be upset and try to cancel my order. Sure, there are several things in the listing that indicate that the item may not originate in the US, but there are plenty of US sellers that have horrible grammar and spelling and include boilerplate information that may apply to some of their listing but not all (such as shipping times and customs data). But this listing contains out-and-out lies. The listing does say that the item ships from "Los Angels, United States", not that the seller is located in the US. And it shows me a delivery estimate of Sep 26 to Oct 1, which is 3 to 8 days, not 7 to 15, and I am not signed into my account when viewing the listing so it doesn't know if I live in "Los Angels" or Fort Lauderdale. Even if the site can pick up my location it would see that I am in Portland, OR, which seems reasonable for a 3 to 8 day shipping time for free non-expedited shipping.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
I would be upset and try to cancel my order. Sure, there are several things in the listing that indicate that the item may not originate in the US, but there are plenty of US sellers that have horrible grammar and spelling and include boilerplate information that may apply to some of their listing but not all (such as shipping times and customs data). But this listing contains out-and-out lies. The listing does say that the item ships from "Los Angels, United States", not that the seller is located in the US. And it shows me a delivery estimate of Sep 26 to Oct 1, which is 3 to 8 days, not 7 to 15, and I am not signed into my account when viewing the listing so it doesn't know if I live in "Los Angels" or Fort Lauderdale. Even if the site can pick up my location it would see that I am in Portland, OR, which seems reasonable for a 3 to 8 day shipping time for free non-expedited shipping.

I am with ^^^

I can't see the details of the OP's original item as it is closed and now is private. However, if it is from seller aonehere1997 they are also selling other similar items that show when you try and open the OP's link.

Some are showing item located in Los Angel, United States and some are showing item located in Shenzhen,China. To me if they say the item is located in Los Angel, United States and it ships from China that is a breach of the auction terms and I would report them to E-Bay and ask for a refund. I would also point out to E-Bay in my complaint that this seller is trying to circumvent the screening process where buyers select North American auctions only.

It isn't a big deal on one hand but yet it is on the other. I would make a scene over it personally especially since I always select North American auctions only. I do not want to deal with auctions from outside the US. I would also leave feedback warning other buyers the seller lies about item location.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
You bought something from Ebay that is made in China and are surprised it is being shipped from China?

The details list the item location as Los Angel, United States. Nothing confusing about that. This is a case of seller fraud.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Well I would almost guarantee those are counterfeit!

That has nothing to do at all with the OP's post or problem.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

Did he not buy them? Sounds to me like that is a problem for the OP and it has everything to do with his post.

Did he not buy them? Sounds to me like that is a problem for the OP and it has everything to do with his post.

The problem is the items were shown as being located in the US but they are being shipped from China. This has nothing to do at all with being counterfeit items or not. The OP said nothing about them not being genuine. He is upset over the false location listing.

I've purchased DIMMs from China without drama. 4GB DDR2 memory here got expensive. I was able to get 4 DIMMs from China for less than the price of 1 here. Same DIMMs, shipped.

So far, it's worked out for me as I've been using them for the past 6 months.

I don't think I'd be comfortable buying anything real pricy. But I didn't worry about risking $20 for two DIMMs. When it worked out, I bought two more
smile.gif

The problem is the items were shown as being located in the US but they are being shipped from China. This has nothing to do at all with being counterfeit items or not. The OP said nothing about them not being genuine. He is upset over the false location listing.

Maybe my post would have made more sense to you if you were able to figure out how to actually view the listing.

I can't see the details of the OP's original item as it is closed and now is private. However, if it is from seller aonehere1997 they are also selling other similar items that show when you try and open the OP's link.

You could get that anywhere. My father bought 4 new Audi center caps for $65 shipped that came from China. Expected delivery date was 2-3 months, but he received them in about 3 weeks. They came in an Audi package and they had Audi part numbers stamped on the back.

Los Angel is located in fictional no man's land!
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back