chili dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's more American than a hot dog? Nothin! Except maybe a chili dog! And what's wrong with a chili dog? Nothin? That's right!
11.gif

I like mine with red onion, spicy brown mustard, lots of shredded cheddar, and spicy chili. These two are a "healthier" version since I'm watching my figure; I used turkey chili, Hebrew National "reduced fat" hot dogs, and reduced fat shredded cheddar. They turned out really good! I spiced up the chili with some chilies from my garden and then ran them through the broiler. A simple, healthy, tasty lunch that you can make too!
55.gif

I think a Philly Cheese Steak is older and even more American then the CHili Dog. I like my Chili Dog to use a Kogel Frank and I like chedar cheese, mustard,ketschup, onions and crackers on mine....

My cheese steak I like provalone cheese, lots of different peppers,onions, mushrooms, and as far as bread goes it is hard to go wrong, whole weat, white, flat bread it all tastes good!

I worked at Ted's Hot Dogs in Buffalo for a few years when I was a kid.

The chili there is homemade, we only use it for hot dog toppings, not in bowls, and it is very tasty.

Every time I go to Kentucky I used to get the Chili/Cheese dogs from Skyline Chili. Can't anymore because I just found out I'm allergic to Pork.
frown.gif

Sounds great.

IMHO it's not the fat you need to worry about in hot dogs, it's the carcinogenic sodium nitrite and sodium nitrate in most processed meats. If you can find non nitrate/nitrite hots dogs (and they're available), they're much healthier (IMHO).

I loved hot dogs when I was much younger. Once in a great while I'll buy non treated ones, made by Coleman.

We buy 100% beef hot dogs that are nitr-ite/ate free at our local grocery store and they taste great.

We get the 100% beef ones as I'm allergic to pork and my dad doesn't like pork.

They cost a few bucks more but they are superior.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Every time I go to Kentucky I used to get the Chili/Cheese dogs from Skyline Chili. Can't anymore because I just found out I'm allergic to Pork.
frown.gif

Allergic to PORK??? HORRORS!!!

Yup.
frown.gif

We buy 100% beef hot dogs that are nitr-ite/ate free at our local grocery store and they taste great.

We get the 100% beef ones as I'm allergic to pork and my dad doesn't like pork.

They cost a few bucks more but they are superior.
Yeah, sounds like you're totally [censored].
56.gif
Lucky for me I'm allergic to Canadians! Have a nice life!
grin2.gif

I can't have the famous Canadian Back Bacon either
Never heard of it. Are you making that up?
grin2.gif
American bacon is undoubtedly better anyway...

A ha! McDonald's in Canada has both Egg McMuffins and Bacon n Egg McMuffins! Very curious!
grin2.gif
Wikipedia says some people roll back bacon in cornmeal.

Cornmeal back bacon is delicious, we even sometimes rub the back in maple-syrup then cornmeal and then fry it like that...
20.gif

You so crazy!
55.gif
56.gif
Actually, that sounds really good. Too bad you're SOL with the pork.
grin2.gif
I can eat yours for you I guess.
grin2.gif

Well for now I can't but maybe in future if I give the pork a rest at this time as I haven't always been allergic to pork.

Look up the Red Lion coney sauce recipe online. It was started here in my home town of Bay City, and became very popular!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back