Chevy says plugs good for 97,500….NOT

Tag Teaming. Enjoy your Mexican engine. :rolleyes:
tag teaming???...really???...I no longer have my SS sedan but still have the window sticker...I understand you didn't want to see the proof provided by me and the other SS sedan owner in this thread and you are entitled to your opinion but that opinion differs from reality in this case at least...lower right corner-Country of Origin for the engine and the transmission...LS3-Mexico
fullsizeoutput_899.jpeg

I suspect something else going on here but really don't need to be a part of it from here on...cheers

Bill

Last edited:
I have had much experience that plugs still should get changed at 60 k miles or so.
I paid a shop some years ago to do plugs on a ford 4.6 two valve v8 in a mercury grand marquis. It had 60 k miles and i just wanted the plugs changed as a good idea. Well a year or two later i got check engine issues and along the way i cleaned the mass air flow sensor and my plugs. And they were not a year and 6000 miles used. The shop charged me and never did the work.
I got my plugs changed for about 85 dollars and my issues were fixed. But i was angry having a shop steal from me and lie to me. I never went back.

You two can work it out. I’m done.

View attachment 80605
so you showed the OP including a photo of his buddy's window sticker showing his LS3 in an SS sedan was made in the Untied States and the OP and I both showed pics of our window stickers showing the engines in our SS sedans were made in Mexico...and that proves???...seems to me that proves that engines are made at several locations (none of which shows Canada as you seemed to be stuck on)...seems the General gets its engines from several locations...what exactly was your point?...all I read was you stating that the General didn't make the LS3 in Mexico despite seeing proof to the contrary...

anyway...I don't really see what any of this has to do specifically with the OPs issue with early worn spark plugs in his 2014 SS sedan...

Bill

75k should be no problem for platinum or iridium plugs. That gap is huge, so I suspect the old plugs are not platinum/iridium, or they lost their pucks (the AC Delco platinums were doing this for a while).

So now I need to go check the plugs in the Colorado as 75K just happened and they also claim 97.5K...slightly different part number. 41-109 so maybe a tad hotter? I don't remember the numbering vs. heat range.

Back