Chevron Supreme 5w-30 in 2016 2.0 ecoboost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by wemay
API SN+, of which most "conventional oils" meet, is specifically aimed at quelling LSPI in Turbo Direct Injection vehicles. You can find this information on the API website.

If the oil meets Ford's spec and SN+, it is just as capable at protecting your engine as anything else with those same specs...Syn, Semi or otherwise. If you have a lead foot and drive the Fusion hard...all the time, then a Synthetic might be worth it as it offers other benefits outside the issues TGDI bring to the table.

I wonder about "conventional" oils meeting sn+

I noticed QSGB 5W30 and 10w30 today were not SN+ with a date of April 2019 but PYB in these grades with February 2019 date ARE SN+

Exactly, which is why i said most. There are still outliers as you pointed out Adam.

I would use any oil that meets specification then run 89 octane minimal with 91 octane preferred fuel and sleep well. Manufacturers are trying to give customer better fuel economy with turbos but customer won't buy if you say premium fuel required.

Original poster here. I'm running Chevron Supreme 5w30 currently, no issues as expected. I've stocked up on the QSUD SN+ on sale at Wal-Mart so I'll be going that route after this oil change. We switched to 92 octane after running 87 for the first 2,000 miles. I'm sure the chevron supreme would have been fine but with the QSUD price $5 more it seemed like a good idea.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Corollaman
Original poster here. I'm running Chevron Supreme 5w30 currently, no issues as expected. I've stocked up on the QSUD SN+ on sale at Wal-Mart so I'll be going that route after this oil change. We switched to 92 octane after running 87 for the first 2,000 miles. I'm sure the chevron supreme would have been fine but with the QSUD price $5 more it seemed like a good idea.

Both CS adn QSUD are great oils with fantastic pricing. You'll be happy with both. I am.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back