Chevron Delo 400XLE 10W-30 Synthetic Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not ILSAC rated.

But it's CJ-4 and E9 rated, top stuff.

They only sell it in 20L containers here, otherwise I would be getting some too.

I'm sure it's good stuff, I have looked at it too. IIRC it does not have anywhere near the additive levels the 15w40 Delo has though.

If I could get a 10w30 HDEO with the boron levels the 15w40 has I'd be all over it for my Jeep.

It's good oil, but for your temps in Clovis, I'd be more inclined to look for Delo SD 15W-30 because it has even less VII's and a stouter add pak
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
It's good oil, but for your temps in Clovis, I'd be more inclined to look for Delo SD 15W-30 because it has even less VII's and a stouter add pak
smile.gif

The problem with 15w-30 is that it doesn't pass the most simple test of being available at Walmart.

I just picked up 6 quarts to use this summer in my 2012 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0 V6 to use for this summer the Delo 10w30 XLE that is. I will run it for 6,000 miles with some heavy towing thrown in then have Blackstone take a look at it. I will post the results.

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
I just picked up 6 quarts to use this summer in my 2012 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0 V6 to use for this summer the Delo 10w30 XLE that is. I will run it for 6,000 miles with some heavy towing thrown in then have Blackstone take a look at it. I will post the results.

It's boring to look at on a voa but it sure does perform great. Tow all you want because it'll take all that you can throw at it. Great oil.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Is Chevron still offering free UOAs with the purchase of 15W30?

Not that I'm aware of. When it (the 15W30) was introduced in 2014 (?), they offered the free uoa's until December that year. They long since ended it. They don't even promote the stuff anymore do they? Not in trucking, anyway.

I find it remarkable that 15w30 is talked about so much.
Especially for grade that some here predicted would fall on it's face and go the way of the Dodo bird.
Call it an in between niche market grade, but that is the way of the future.
It's marketing and sales driven technology.
Does anyone have a prediction what will come next, in that market segment?
How about a highly friction modified fuel economy HDEO 20W35?
It wouldn't be an SAE grade, but the target KV100 could sit between 12.5 and 13.5
I think SAE should re-think their J300, before the major oil companies do it for them, by thinking outside of the box again.

Last edited:
Agreed on most points. The 15W-30 is really an in-between-er, but a great idea. The least VII's you can put in and still be a multi. Bit thinner than any 20W out there on cold start. Works for off-road machinery mostly...

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I'm sure it's good stuff, I have looked at it too. IIRC it does not have anywhere near the additive levels the 15w40 Delo has though.

If I could get a 10w30 HDEO with the boron levels the 15w40 has I'd be all over it for my Jeep.

The Deere Plus 50 II 10w-30 has nearly identical add-pack as their 15w-40, including Boron. I just looked up an UOA from my 6.0 Powerstroke from 2013 and the 10w-30 had a Boron number of 316.

Been using the Delo 400 XLE 10W30 for the past 3 oil changes in my buddies 2008 4.0 Frontier. Daily driver long trips that sees no towing I change it every 7k miles with a Fram Ultra. Truck has 164k miles, engine is quiet with the Delo and no problems at all

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Is that an ILSAC oil ? I can't find a picture of the back side of the bottle anywhere.

You should try their 5w-30 LE. It's not ILSAC, either, and is E6, E7, E9.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
smile.gif

The problem with 15w-30 is that it doesn't pass the most simple test of being available at Walmart.
You don't require head pills to pick up oil at Oreilly's or your front porch. I haven't bought oil at WM in a few years.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Is that an ILSAC oil ? I can't find a picture of the back side of the bottle anywhere.

You should try their 5w-30 LE. It's not ILSAC, either, and is E6, E7, E9.

That grade is non existent for Merkava. I'll get a picture of the bottle for you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back