Cheapest $$$ for Red Line oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is $7.98 a quart at Advance Auto. I know it is a good oil, but with Mobil 1 available for $3.99-$4.50 a quart, it is tough to justify.

quote:

Originally posted by John in the ATL:
SVTDoood,

Check your PMs for a discount code.

Me too
fruit.gif

Some Advance Auto Parts stores carry it. It is a bit more expensive than some online retailers, but you don't have to pay shipping. They have a limited supply of only the most common weights.

A company used to be a site sponsor here, but for some reason they are no longer affilated with BITOG. Their prices are pretty good. I ordered my last order from them and let them know that I saw their add here, hoping they would throw some $$$ back into BITOG.

Redline's site can give you a list of your local shops that carry it.

[ December 03, 2004, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

quote:

Originally posted by Curtis Newton:
It is $7.98 a quart at Advance Auto. I know it is a good oil, but with Mobil 1 available for $3.99-$4.50 a quart, it is tough to justify.

Only in my oil cooled motorcycle. This stuff is almost a must in any of the older british motorcycles. 500 miles in 80F weather will kill most other oils in the older triumphs.

quote:

Originally posted by medic:

quote:

Originally posted by Curtis Newton:

Only in my oil cooled motorcycle. This stuff is almost a must in any of the older british motorcycles. 500 miles in 80F weather will kill most other oils in the older triumphs.

I would think Redline would be the oil to run in almost any motorcycle. Cost is not a big deal when you only need a couple quarts.

quote:

Originally posted by SVTDoood:
Does anyone have a cheap source for RL oils?

I've found their oils as low as $6.85/qt at [some online store], but you should buy from a site sponsor if you can. Either that, or just buy locally. I'm not sure that you would be able to save enough by buying online to really offset shipping costs.
Do we HAVE any site sponsors selling RL oils? I couldn't find one in the forum devoted to site sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back