Cheap buffer

I’ve always been a clean car guy, generally hand waxing. I switched to Chemical Guys car wash soap and Meguires Hybrid Ceramic spray wax, but after getting a Walmart gift card, I decided to try a cheap buffer and rubbing compound to clean up some very annoying scratches in the deck lid of my new to me Camry. I did the whole car in the process.

I am very happy with the results! No outside picture, but it looks pretty good overall.

The first picture is the stuff I used. My goal was to clear out old stuff from my cleaning cabinet. I don’t normally use any tire treatment, but my son moved out and left a partial container behind.

The cheap buffer and Turtle Wax compound did a great job of cleaning up the scratches. The buffer was also nice for removing the wax.

I used some old paste wax from a stash of about 4 containers. I’ll never use it all up!

I’ll hit it with the Hybrid Ceramic spray in a couple weeks when the Turtle wax paste wears off. The ceramic spray is amazing at keeping cars clean. Even salt spray seems to be reduced by using it.

Maybe a Foam Cannon is in my future. Covid inspired my detailing desire. Detail Geek and Ammo NYC were my main coaches.

Attachments

• DD776050-A1E1-443D-B0B4-F2849C8E1CCE.jpeg
    DD776050-A1E1-443D-B0B4-F2849C8E1CCE.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 6A46BCF7-4FF5-4F4F-BC69-408D944B4439.jpeg
    6A46BCF7-4FF5-4F4F-BC69-408D944B4439.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 1722CC23-10E3-4C92-B459-9A585B7A5984.jpeg
    1722CC23-10E3-4C92-B459-9A585B7A5984.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 82
Very nice! I was just going to post a thread about a "cheap buffer" lol. After doing another hand job wax, it really got me thinking i might even get better results plus be more efficient with a buffer, and it would be easier, so i would wax even more often... Thoughts? I see walmart has a couple for under $40 in the auto section. This one is $24 with 3400 RPM motor. https://www.walmart.com/ip/AutoSpa-...lisher-with-Bonus-Bonnets-94001ASWDI/39881400 Buffing is pretty new to me, i've always been do it by hand type of guy, but in my old age of 30, i value my time alot more., plus if it makes the vehicle look even better its a win win.... Thanks.

I bought the cheap one they sell with the wax, similar to that one. Works great! My only complaint is the plug falls out of the socket too easily.

Yes the cheap buffers work great. I actually have a really good plug in electric buffer that I used for about 35 years. Now I use a cordless DeWalt polisher/buffer that uses 20 volt rechargeable batteries.

When you run out of blue coral car wash. buy Meguiars gold class instead. I did it and will never look back. Not much extra cost and a big bust in slipperyness as the pad glides over the paint. you really dont want to scrub dirt away you want to gently as possible lift it from the paint and rinse away.

I'm cheap too and find a few meguiars products in the sweet spot for price performance.

I like Meguires scratch X for removing scratches and leaving a high shine. meguires cleaner wax for after removing heavy scratches, and meguires ultimate spray wax for between waxings.

For tires I have not problem with Black Magic Bleche-Wite. It got some bad press when the watered it down but its not working really well to get the brown off the tires so they turn black when you put the protectant on them.

Protectant Im back to Meguires HOT SHINE. spray or foam is fine but I dont like the "hot" shine so let it sit for a day then wipe it down with a paper towel to get the shine off and go to mat black. holds up better than 303 aerospace, son of a gun and similar.

Good looking job on the car!

When you run out of blue coral car wash. buy Meguiars gold class instead. I did it and will never look back. Not much extra cost and a big bust in slipperyness as the pad glides over the paint. you really dont want to scrub dirt away you want to gently as possible lift it from the paint and rinse away.

I'm cheap too and find a few meguiars products in the sweet spot for price performance.

I like Meguires scratch X for removing scratches and leaving a high shine. meguires cleaner wax for after removing heavy scratches, and meguires ultimate spray wax for between waxings.

For tires I have not problem with Black Magic Bleche-Wite. It got some bad press when the watered it down but its not working really well to get the brown off the tires so they turn black when you put the protectant on them.

Protectant Im back to Meguires HOT SHINE. spray or foam is fine but I dont like the "hot" shine so let it sit for a day then wipe it down with a paper towel to get the shine off and go to mat black. holds up better than 303 aerospace, son of a gun and similar.

Good looking job on the car!

I've become a fan of Chemical Guys products, but really dislike the cost. Meguires is my second choice, and quickly becoming my main choice.

The Chemical Guys wheel and tire cleaner is absolutely fantastic. One bottle cleans 8-12 wheels and tires depending on how bad they are, and I have started watering it down some to extend the bottle.

I've been a user of Beche-Wite for some time, especially on my white letters on the Jeep.

I polish my wheels with the Meguires alloy paste in the white container.

Meguires is good stuff!

Reactions: JC1
Back