Chart Showing VOA Comparison of Amsoil SS, Redline & M1 HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their is some very good points being made in this thread and for myself personally after going farther to examine a plethora of UOA’s (mostly from BITOG it seems like Redline just has too much wear numbers for my liking, regardless of the cleaning power explaination I don’t want metal floating in my oil to that extent. AMSOIL for the price and time to acquire should have been significantly better than Mobil 1, this was simply not the case. Especially since it seems like M1 HM always had more additives and a similar TBN. So for the money and ease to purchase along with data evidence I’ve seem I’ll likely feed this car along with future vehicles Mobil 1 exclusively. I was disappointed in some of the few M1 AP UOA/VOA’s I came across. Kind’ve strange. Also the individual that mentioned Quaker State being the factory fill, I was already aware of those; unfortunately, it’s been documented on multiple occasions that even their best line of oils Ultimate Durability utilizes group III basestock with additives. This was disappointing and my reasoning for not considering them or other major OTC oils. And to the individual who continues to accuse me of being a former memember of BITOG, please continue to do so and I’m sure I’ll confess after another couple hundred times of it being brought up! Thanks everyone for the valuable feedback. Hope those VOA list could help anyone interested!

When it comes to gear oil redline is where it's at, other than that any other brand oil is fine I personally use Castrol Edge 0 40 for it's huge slug of PAO, the cost to value is awesome

Also Redline sp1 fuel system cleaner is probably also the best on the market and some of the test I've seen on YouTube before and after with video down in the cylinders

Awesome info man, I think redline MT90, MTF and possibly ATF (never used) are absolutely the best gear oils available. I totally agree with you. I’ve never used other fuel system cleaners aside from Techron and Lucas upper Cylinder Lube. Didn’t notice a difference with either except CEL from the Lucas until a new tank of gas was put in. I’ll have to look into Redlines Fuel System Cleaner. I’m sure it’s a great product.

Originally Posted By: SharkBater
Awesome info man, I think redline MT90, MTF and possibly ATF (never used) are absolutely the best gear oils available. I totally agree with you. I’ve never used other fuel system cleaners aside from Techron and Lucas upper Cylinder Lube. Didn’t notice a difference with either except CEL from the Lucas until a new tank of gas was put in. I’ll have to look into Redlines Fuel System Cleaner. I’m sure it’s a great product.

I use redline MTL in the manual trans in the Accord. Shifts smooth as butter. Way better than the factory MTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back