Changing to synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2005 Infiniti G35. Bought new. Now have almost 15K. Changed with dino at 3750 oci and burned no oil. Car sees 100% highway miles, about 30K/year. I would like to change to M1 EP at 15K and go 7.5K oci thereafter. Please advise if this is ok as well as what viscosity to use. Right now using 5W-30 exclusively. The VQ35 engine likes thick oil and 10W-40 is acceptable as per my owner's manual. Would M1 EP 10W-40 be optimal choice. Thank you.

Given a 7,500 miles OCI I would go with the Mobil 1 and not the EP. You state 10w40 ok but, is that the Prefered viscosity? In addition: I was not aware the the VQ35 liked a "thick oil" I haven't seen a data like UOA to substanciate that statement. I would go with the manufactures recomendations if I had a nice new car.

"The VQ35 engine likes thick oil and 10W-40 is acceptable as per my owner's manual."

A 5W-40 would really work well in your situation.
With Your type of investment.

I would recommend a Synthetic Motor Oil.
Such as the ones listed above.
M1-Castrol(BC)& Also if U know an Amsoil {PC} or {Dealer}-> Amsoils European 5W-40 is a great oil as well.

All 3 will keep your VQ-35 running Great for many years.

With any of these U don't have to change Your oil every 3k miles.

Depending on your UoAs and Your driving habits with the car. You can stretch your oil changes up to 6K to 12K miles between oil changes. That is up to You.

It all depends on your driving conditions.
{All Highway}-{Some Highway-Some Stop&Go}-{All Stop&Go}.

If you want another good option to the M1 Truck and SUV 5w40, you can get British Castrol (BC) in 5W-40 at Auto Zone stores. Check the back of the label to ensure getting the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back