Changing oil this weekend !!! Anybody Else ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally get to change my oil this Saturday morning.!!
Will be draining out my winter oil for a fresh spring batch ,
going back to Castrol GTX after about 2 years.
Does anybody get as anxious as i do for a spring oil change?

So who will be joining me this weekend ???
cheers3.gif

I did mine last weekend. Oil change, fuel filter, and tire rotation and I'm set for another 10,000 miles.

Oil used was Mobil-1 ESP 5W-30 for my VW 507.00 requirement.

I'm debating what I should do with my truck. It holds 12 GALLONS of oil. I have been changing it evey year but this time it has less than 500 miles on it. I'm thinking of grabbing a sample this weekend.

I may change the filters and let it go another year if it's ok.

Maybe. It's soon, that's for sure. 6k miles on an Auto-RX rinse here. Time for the Frankenblend of Schaeffer's 7000, FormulaShell, and PP!

I have another ~3700 miles to go before I have to change the oil again lol. Should only be another 2, 3 months.
13.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This weekend is our 6-month change for all vehicles.

4-Runner going to PU 5w20
Accent going to M1 0w30
Yaris going to M1 0w30
Rabbit staying with Castrol 5w40

The Passat will get a change in 1,300 miles and will stay with GC.

I used to know that feeling before I switched to extended drain. Now I just have to try to remember when...and refresh my memory how to do this oil change thing again!

thinking about it, i have the dealer fill in my new to me 07 G6. I have no idea what they put in there, I know its conventional which isn't a problem for me. I am tempted to run some PP but may just hold out till the OLM is at 10% or so, its at 89% right now.

I do need to buy the replacement ISS part as my steering is now clunking like the Impala did. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

I may be doing my gf`s car (1998 Olds 88LS that has 160k). I`ll be using one of these:

Pennzoil yb 10W40
Valvoline wb 10W40
Mobil 1 15W50

Her car seems to run the best on the M1 15W50.

Last edited:
I did the diesel 3 weeks ago before the NHRDA nationals, Redline. The 5.4 has about 3 weeks left until its at about 8k on the PU. The 99 might get fresh redline in May.

The trans will be due in the 07 at the next OCI also. Will use Motorcraft mercon V and 1 bottle of Lubegard Red

All diffs were done with redline 75-140 and redline additive 2 months ago

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I may be doing my gf`s car (1998 Olds 88LS that has 160k). I`ll be using one of these:

Pennzoil yb 10W40
Valvoline wb 10W40
Mobil 1 15W50

Her car seems to run the best on the M1 15W50.

May I ask why such thick oil for the series 2?

Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
In fact, who makes a high quality water pump for a Chevy 350 vintage '93?
Getting hard to find one not made in China. Stealer would be your best bet for a non China one.

I did both of my cars at the beginning of this month, winter was kind to us here in Toronto this year, I could have done those oil changes at pretty much any point this season, since there has been almost no snow at all.

I wish. My mom had a stroke Monday and went to rehab today. Changed the oil in my Saturn last October. Used 8 quarts top off oil since then. Now at about 5,000 miles on the filter. Would like to switch to conventional oil. I have way too much on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back