chainsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
My twenty five year old chainsaw (craftmans 2.0) just recently became hard to start, If I prime the carb, pouring gas staight in, about the fourth time it starts and runs like new. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what could be wrong? thanks in advance
Harvey

I have just concluded that is the problem with my 78 model Poulan. It uses the pressure pulses in the crankcase to work a diaphragm to pump the fuel. Likely it has check valves too. Also, the crankcase needs to be sealed.

well, that saw was the first tool my soon to be wife bought me, mine are are the only gloves that touched it, so I guess I'm in for the carb over-haul. wish me luck.
larry,I used that site to buy a replacement saw. went with the advice there and bought a stihl. ( wow what a saw) puts the old crafsmans to shame

quote:

Originally posted by Harvey:
well, that saw was the first tool my soon to be wife bought me, mine are are the only gloves that touched it, so I guess I'm in for the carb over-haul. wish me luck.
larry,I used that site to buy a replacement saw. went with the advice there and bought a stihl. ( wow what a saw) puts the old crafsmans to shame

You've been dating for 25 years??
bowdown.gif
I thought I held out for a long time before getting married~7 years.
cheers.gif

jeep, I meant to say I married the woman that bought me the saw, shortly there after, been the best twenty five years of my life. can't beat a working woman.
Harvey

quote:

Originally posted by Harvey:
jeep, I meant to say I married the woman that bought me the saw, shortly there after, been the best twenty five years of my life. can't beat a working woman.
Harvey

Yup. Like my Pappy always said, "Reckon there ain't nuthin' purtier than a workin' woman or a pullin' mule!"
Joe

I'd start with a diaphragm re-build kit for the carb.

After 25 yrs exposure to fuel, the pump diaphragm has probably gone soft & can't pull enough gas from the tank at start-up.

I'm all for womans lib....they can work just as hard as we can. Heck, I wish I could stay home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back