Cerflon for guns and gun parts

I doubt guns are picky as far as the choice of oil is concerned.

And really this has been the question all along. I just wanted to know if this stuff was "OK" to use on guns since I am trying to use up the can.

I know some chimed in that the PTFE is not good for guns, which is fine because I won't put this on any of the parts that get super hot. It's mostly going to be used for wiping down magazines, slides, frames to remove finger prints and residue.

But I will reiterate that I have seen enough evidence that PTFE and guns is not a terrible mixture given how some gun companies sell their own lube containing it. I know there are better products like Slip EWL or Mpro7, but I'm also not running into battle and having my life depend on the oil I used.

Unless your running a a so-called machine gun I would think you would be hard pressed to melt PTFE in most firearms...

there is ptfe in rem oil which is a primary care product available almost everywhere...

And as Astro (correctly) pointed out above....his DPMS manufactured AR-10 rifle says no go to Rem Oil. Try finding Armalite or Noveske, LMT, or LaRue, on and on to approve Rem Oil. So much better out there. Use this for the bar and chain application it was intended. Garage opener?

I really didn't think the BITOG crowd would be so label-obsessed when folks here have completely different views about other petroleum-based products used in an off-label manner. (Ex: Using MMO in every freaking way possible, TCW-3 in gasoline on 4-stroke engined cars)

You must all be tier 1 operators when it comes to guns.

Rem-oil is lousy, in my experience, though it’s good for wiping down tools.

DPMS said specifically not to use Rem-oil in my LR-308 rifle. Thought that was interesting because DPMS was owned by Remington...

I’ve always heard not to use Teflon in high heat applications, so, I wouldn’t use your Chain and cable lube on guns. You don’t know what concentrations of Cerflon/Teflon exist in gun lubes vs. in this lube, so it may have way too much, or it may be fine. Too many unknowns for me.

It’s also pretty sticky and viscous, isn’t it? I wouldn’t use it on a semi auto for that reason alone.
Rem oil seems to be low viscosity.

I really didn't think the BITOG crowd would be so label-obsessed when folks here have completely different views about other petroleum-based products used in an off-label manner. (Ex: Using MMO in every freaking way possible, TCW-3 in gasoline on 4-stroke engined cars)

we are superior to tier 1 operators we are Rambos.

EWL 30 is "thick" and it works great . Not sure about freezing weather though.

Nope, but many tier 1 operators use SLIP 2000 EWL and similar, and have also used M1 synthetic and other stuff in theatre. That said, I use what's worked well for me over thousands of rounds in gritty suppressed guns, and that's SLIP 2000 EWL. Many other products work fine, too, of course, but one thing that does NOT work great, is Teflon, which is why the military forced a reformulation of their issued CLP to NOT contain the stuff. But here we are on BITOG talking about rem-oil, lol!

Unless your running a a so-called machine gun I would think you would be hard pressed to melt PTFE in most firearms...
The temps inside of barrels and gas keys and suppressors and so forth...just why? You may be right...you may not be. The US military says you're wrong, but aside that...why bother? It's not a superior product in any way, and it *might* have risks...

Ever grab the barrel of an AR 15 after a few hundred rounds in summer? Semi auto not machine gun an

As most everything else, it's application specific. Rem Oil just isn't that great of a product. They are not the only gun care product to be mediocre. Funny you mention "MMO in every freaking way possible." 36 years ago I was 12 and my first job was on a dairy farm. Good money for a 12 year old kid but the work was rough. I bought my first of what would be many shotguns. My first one was a Browning 12GA BPS 30" field model for birds with really nice glossy walnut wood furniture. My grandfather was old school and showed me how to clean it. Old sheet on a string tied to a nail. MMO on piece of sheet, drop nail through barrel and pull sheet through. repeat!! Wipe down rest of metal with clean MMO on a rag. Done!

Back